Banks are expecting a Flood of Claims

Mrgreengenes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just discovered that certain banks are recruiting extra staff to deal with the expected flood of claims about to hit them. It looks like they are now running scared thanks mainly to this forum and, of course, Martin Lewis of www.moneysavingexpert.com

This would explain the delaying tactics now being employed by the banks. They are probably struggling to deal with the current claims.

Keep up the pressure and don't let the fatherless chillen get ya!

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

I was told by a colleague that the woolwich have recruited 30 staff to deal with this.

She was told when she called them about her statements.

Lets hope the rest follow suit and we get our just deserts back sooner.

Missie.

A friend of mine works for HBOS and this person wants to remain anonymous. My friend told me that a few other banks are also recruiting for the same reason but didn't know which ones. Sorry, I can't say anymore. Check the recruiting ads in the papers.

Maybe some of the non working members of this forum should apply for these jobs and help them settle these claims biggrin.gif

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

• 7 months later...

The way banks work is that they will simply allocate a project manager to that understaffed/ overworked division (this entire issue of claims is merely a sub area of what they call "Enterprise Risk" departments). Once a project manager has been allocated he/she will be allocated a budget cost centre and part of that will go on extra staffing costs for new hires. I work for investment organisations, and i/ we ironically have exactly the same problems with retail banks (retail = high street). The only problem with all of the publicity surrounding this website and getting charges back is that sooner or later they will all get together and get out some form of legislation which in some form will give something to the consumer while protecting themselves in process...... i.e. what I am saying is act now or as soon as is possible before it is too late. All the banks working together make an extremely powerful lobbying group vis-a-vis parliament etc and they really can be quite effective in getting legislation to protect themselves against more of these claims. It really speaks for itself that after all the "threatening" actions, stalling, bluffing etc that in the end, when the "little", tiny consumer refuses to cave in and is prepared to take the issue all the way to court room that the bank itself gives way and pays up. Having worked in corporate debt collecting (for major banks) I strongly endorse the advice on this website about 1. doing all your reading, 2. getting your story together and coherently, 3. using the advice of knowledgable "colleagues" in the threads on this website, and 4. *don't* ever feel threatened by bulls**t bullying tactics designed to throw you off the scent....... as a rule the more nasty the bullying tactics the greater the weakness and insecurity of the bank and hence the vulnerability: david really can take on golliath!!

good luck all........... I reckon I am due thousands back. :)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks