Parking Eye - Parking Charge Notice - ** CANCELLED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Stepson has just received this from Parking Eye. I have blanked out his personal details and car reg number. The car park which he parked in used to be for customers of Blockbusters which is now shut. There was no lighting on the signs and it was very dark. Can someone tell me what I need to do as I think £60 is a bit unfair seeing as he was there for less than an hour.

a11kc5.jpg[/img]

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

As above- what date was the NTK received ?

Depending on above, a simple appeal to PE by the RK;

'As registered keeper of vehicle reg no. xxx xxx, I have received your letter ref. xxxx xxxx.

As registered keeper I am not liable for this charge.

Please cancel this charge forthwith or alternatively issue a valid code for the independent appeals service*POPLA.

At POPLA I shall be demanding a full breakdown of the genuine pre estimate of loss that this charge must represent.

I am under no obligation to name the driver of the vehicle at the time of the event.

No further correspondence will be entered into.

This appeal has been sent with proof of postage'

Before sending though, the car park was/is not just for blockbuster?

Can you post up a picture of the signage on site?

Just got it yesterday with no Postmark on the envelope at all.

I will send an appeal off asap

I will try to get a pic of signage but the night he parked there it was very dark and the signs were not lit

Postmark isnt critical but helpful, they have 12 days to issue (and 2 days to deliver)and I very much doubt if anyone was in the office on the 1st jan so this is computer generated fibs to look as though they are in time to serve the NTK. If it was received yesterday it is timed out for keeper liability under PoFA so the stepson should respond accordingly and say nothing else at this time. If they dont accept this then they should supply a POPLA code so you can take the matter to appeal. When you do you reiterate this and demand sight of the contract between PE and the landlord that assigns the right to allow PE to make legal claims in their own name. If it is a P&D it certainly wont be with blockbuster and if free parking them no loss to PE so charge is unlawful penalty so it will be interesting to see what they then send. Probably nothing at all if the recent past is anything to go by.

So do I appeal or just ignore them?

You appeal.

But as it seems they are a day out of time for keeper liability to apply, then add a line to the wording I suggested.

'As registered keeper of vehicle reg no. xxx xxx, I have received your letter ref. xxxx xxxx.

The criteria for Schedule 4 of the POFA 2012 to be invoked have not been met.

As registered keeper I am not liable for this charge.

Please cancel this charge forthwith or alternatively issue a valid code for the independent appeals service*POPLA.

At POPLA I shall be demanding a full breakdown of the genuine pre estimate of loss that this charge must represent.

I am under no obligation to name the driver of the vehicle at the time of the event.

No further correspondence will be entered into.

This appeal has been sent with proof of postage'

As asked before, what else does the car park serve?

Can you give the address of the car park? We may be able to see signage on google street...

Ok I will appeal online but I will also send a copy in the post.

It is Northumberland Street Darlington. There is a sign that says Car Park 24hours. Signage looks like is next to Pay meter but my Stepson parked in the dark and there was no lighting where the meter is. I dont think the car park serves anywhere else. It is known locally as Blockies Car Park.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. Got an email from Parking Eye below,

Reference: Parking Charge Notice -

Dear Sir / Madam,

We refer to the Parking Charge incurred on 23 December 2014 at 16:56:06, at Grange Road, Darlington car park.

We can confirm that this Charge has been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due on this account.

Kind Regards,

ParkingEye Team

Just an update. Got an email from Parking Eye below,

Reference: Parking Charge Notice -

Dear Sir / Madam,

We refer to the Parking Charge incurred on 23 December 2014 at 16:56:06, at Grange Road, Darlington car park.

We can confirm that this Charge has been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due on this account.

Kind Regards,

ParkingEye Team

:clap2:

And they give no reason why the charge has been cancelled...

Yet you would have been hounded and possibly issued with court papers if you hadn't sent one letter.

Please spread the word about this disgraceful ' industry '.