PCN isued, can I now leave my car there all day?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

much owuld epend on why the pcn was issued and where the car is placed etc

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Car is parked in a parking bay on a side street. Ticket expired at 11.41. Sods law, I was on the phone in the office, a call I had to take. I returned to the car at 11.50 and the ticket was there. The ticket states that the car was watched from 11.44 to 11.47, which I can't argue about.

If a vehicle is causing an obstruction then it can be towed. For off street parking this argument can never be made but in a parking bay one would expect the same to apply BUT trying to be wise after the event means you have to do all of the chasing around to get the otw-away fees repaid etc. However, only 1 ticket can be issued per day and certain actions have to be followed before a vehicle is towed anyway so in your case that is very unlikely.

Not 24 hours, but the rest of this calendar day. You can get another PCN tomorrow morning when the bay comes back into effect (I'm presuming it's not in force overnight - if it is, then you could get another one straight after midnight).

to clarify

you can not get another ticket for the same offence issued in the same location/space for 24hrs how ever if there is reason to issue another ticket for another offence then a ticket can be issued.

example, expired ticket cont code 82 for car parks 05 for on street, ticket issued, you move to double yellow line in same street you can then get an 01 ticket. 2 different parking contraventions