Clipped another car

eggy12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

'To the op: Unfortunately you're another victim of insurance fraud.'

We don't actually know that do we? As said above, an impact to the side of the bumper can cause it to distort in the middle. Seen it loads of times in many bodyshops.

If it's only a matter of a new bumper, unless we're talking luxury cars, it would be cheaper for the op to foot the bill of a new bumper rather than involve the insurance.

£500 should be sufficient for an average family car i.e. Mondeo, Astra, golf, etc.

Of course if we're talking merc, bmw or Audi new models the bill would be much higher.

But this guy seems to be keen on getting the insurance details so he can milk it, that's why I said that the op is a victim of insurance fraud.

Otherwise the guy would have asked the op for a solution.

I'm with conniff on this

This will now go down as a fault accident

and need too be declared for the next 5 or so years

The insurance will just pay out on this minus any excess

Maybe the OP should drive more carefully and not damage other cars then.

It remains poor advice from the site team to drive off from the scene of an accident and try to hide it.

If it's only a matter of a new bumper, unless we're talking luxury cars, it would be cheaper for the op to foot the bill of a new bumper rather than involve the insurance.

£500 should be sufficient for an average family car i.e. Mondeo, Astra, golf, etc.

Of course if we're talking merc, bmw or Audi new models the bill would be much higher.

But this guy seems to be keen on getting the insurance details so he can milk it, that's why I said that the op is a victim of insurance fraud.

Otherwise the guy would have asked the op for a solution.

"Insurance fraud" because an innocent person has had his vehicle damaged and wants to follow the correct procedure for reporting the accident to his insurers?! :D

"Insurance fraud" because an innocent person has had his vehicle damaged and wants to follow the correct procedure for reporting the accident to his insurers?! :D

No, but exaggerating the damage is a form of insurance fraud.

If my neighbour hit my car I would ask him for a solution, not go straight to insurance, especially for a small claim.

I would personally prefer to pay for the bumper and keep my ncb.

Yes but this might be a company car or something similar. Not only that, its the damaged parties decision to either go direct or through insurance.

While I sympathise with the OP, he hit another's persons car and now has to deal with the fallout. Regardless of what he suspects, its now up to the insurance company to assess. We live and we learn.

Guys, can we please stop with the finger pointing. Conniff has admitted he made a mistake, but chose to leave the posts so those who had already responded would have their say. IMHO, very brave and honest of him.

When someone has been a victim of insurance abuse, then they might have a different view of what they would do next time. Perhaps it wasn't something he should have suggested - however, it was and for the OP to accept that this is wrong.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As an example, a rear bumper for a Mondeo Saloon is £558. Plus the cost of 3-Pack paint, labour & VAT you won't see much change out of £1200.

If the Bumper is damaged it's an insurance job unless you are very rich.

H

46 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

HMCTS Approved Technical Expert and Independent Motor Trade Consultant

'To the op: Unfortunately you're another victim of insurance fraud.'

We don't actually know that do we? As said above, an impact to the side of the bumper can cause it to distort in the middle. Seen it loads of times in many bodyshops.

Conniff's comment, well, it's all been said really, just hope he never drives near me!

H

I agree, there was a similar thread on another forum recently where the poster had driven into the back of an MX5 at low speed, the third party had included in the claim a replacement boot lock and the poster and a lot of the contributers were stating it was insurance fraud etc etc. A couple of MX5 owners who were members of MX5 owner forums joined in. They explained that it was common for the boot lock to need replacing on a MX5 being hit from behind as the stress of the impact is passed through the bumper and fixings and has a habit of popping the boot lock out.

It turned out the claim had not been exaggerated at all

No, but exaggerating the damage is a form of insurance fraud.

If my neighbour hit my car I would ask him for a solution, not go straight to insurance, especially for a small claim.

I would personally prefer to pay for the bumper and keep my ncb.

I wouldn't.

What if there turns out to be more damage than first thought?

What if the OP disagrees with the repair quote?

What if the OP takes the car to a garage and the repairs are sub standard?

I'd want it done correctly as the damage wasn't my fault and would not want the above hassle. The innocent party won't have their NCB affected, only the driver who doesn't watch where they are going when reversing.

Is this what its all came down to.. Ppl jumping into a thread because they love to tell others where there wrong because they know better.. Any site team here have my permission to delete this thread, if I want do gooders and gossipers I would ask

• Haha 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks