CO-OP cca/sar then sells

mikeymack2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am currently helping 2 friends sort out their debts with the CO-OP

both have current accounts and credit cards.

Both debts in default 2013/14 both pre 2007.

Defaults in 2013/14 all debts currently showing on credit files.

I am waiting for the monthly updates on the CRA files

Last payments both were 2013/14

I sent a CCA to them 07/07/2014 no reply to either.

Follow up letters sent still no replies to both.

Both sent via RM and signed for receipted and still have the screen shots of the signatures date and time.

So on 01/12/2014 I SAR them both.

Via RM and signed for receipted and still have the screen shots of the signatures date and time.

On the 19/12/2014 I receive a letter from the CO-OP saying the debts have now been sold to HOIST.

Why would the CO-OP sell the debts in access of £20k?

I know that the CCA's and SAR are still valid what would the next steps now be?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

DX will normally say something fishy but i always disagree...

A lot of debts are sold as part of debt sale, not because there is something wrong but they seem to get a better rate when buying in mass bulk.

Wait for SAR Response, also wait for CCA if they havent sent them yet...

See what turns up.

Remember no CCA for Current Accounts but credit cards will deffo have one.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I know no CCA for a current account as they are exempt from that this is why the SAR was sent.

But within days all accounts were sold.

I know from other experiences that the CO-OP are very lax in regards to keeping correct records.

I am a customer as well and have requested a CCA and to be informed they no longer have one

this account was opened in 2014 the agreement is already lost.

The CCA's are already months overdue BTW by 5 months already

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Lenders sell debts for a number of reasons. Maybe they think the debt is going to go bad so they off-load it to someone else and get at least something back for it leaving the debt purchaser with the potential headache of collection. Another reason is that they may want to make their overall balance sheet look healthier by getting rid of some toxic debt.

It may be that they know they have an unenforceable debt on their hands and palm it off to someone else.

Hoist will need to come up with the appropriate documentation to be able to enforce, whether this a recon for April 2007 accounts onwards or a copy of the original signed agreement for dates prior to that.

For the overdraft there should be a copy of the overdraft agreement/advice letter produced. Evidence of the usage of the facility would also go in their favour.

If it were me, for the sake of a couple of quid, I would send CCA requests for the appropriate accounts to the new owner, perhaps include a paragraph to the effect that the original owner has thus far not complied with previous requests.

Failure to provide relevant documents under a S77/78 request carries no sanction other than failure to comply means it is unenforceable in court until they do comply.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

ims21

Those were my thoughts exactly its only a few quid and that will stop enforcement for a while as well. I will CCA the DCA's again and explain this to the debtors, also a SAR was sent recently as well that will return a CCA as well I believe

ims21

Those were my thoughts exactly its only a few quid and that will stop enforcement for a while as well. I will CCA the DCA's again and explain this to the debtors, also a SAR was sent recently as well that will return a CCA as well I believe

There has been much debate on whether a SAR will yield an agreement. I have to say that some lenders will provide it with a SAR, others won't. One outfit that I was involved with did send me a photocopy of the signed agreement from 1989/90 as part of my SAR.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS