Help with claim for PPI on Argos card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am trying to help my sister to claim her PPI and Charges from her Argos card. The account was opened 2003 and

had PPI and also incurred some charges. She operated it until 2009 but ran into financial difficulties. The account was

closed then sold to Lowell this year with an outstanding balance of appx £800. She requested for a copy of CCA + SAR

which are all with her now.

She realized that she had PPI all along was charged a total £310 in premium. There were also quite a few late and

over the limit fee totaling to £250 added to the account.

When she requested for refund, Argos said as a Good Will Gesture, they are prepared to refund her about £530 in

total. This includes the interest of approximately £220. When asked how the reached this figures, they are not

explaining anything.

There has been a few exchange of letters and Argos wrote their final letter and stated that the amount they are

willing to refund is £530. LBA went out but their position is the same.

I would like to help her claim this charges plus the PPI back and would need help as to draft a particulars of claim.

Lowell is now threatening with court action too, so urgent help is needed please.

Is there any Argos case I can have a look at?

I will pick up some of the papers from her and post them up later on.

I will also get the copy of CCA sent to her and post it up, so that you can have a look at.

Thanks

Dot

I do not have the final letter yet but will have it by tomorrow. Could some one kindly have a look at the CCA for me please. I tried to load them under one file but failed.

Thanks

Dot

Below are the spread sheets for both charges and PPI. Could someone please have a at for me to see if I have done them correctly?

Could someone also tell me if for claim they have to be combined?

Thanks

Dot

Could someone please direct me to where I can find a particular of claim to use for this case.

Using the small claim process for reclaiming PPI is not something that is done very often – but it is a very good idea because it is faster and more brutal than the half-hearted Financial Ombudsman approach.

However, if you are going to bring a small claim for PPI then you need to be very clear that you can establish to the court that there has been some kind of unlawful selling which the court feels able to remedy.

This means that you would have to show more than merely the PPI has been sold breaking industry rules or guidelines. You would have to show that there was some unlawful behaviour by the seller.

Could you please let us know what the basis is of your argument that the PPI has been mis-sold to you.

Hi BF,

Thanks for having a look at my thread. Good point raised. I was hoping that I could use the same reasons used usually for mis-selling. I know Argos has not accepted liability but claimed that they are will to refund as a good will.

What they offered has not been accepted yet so I was thinking that the issue would be how much is owed other than if it was mis-sold. What they are offering, they have failed to provide breakdown of their figures or how they worked it out.

All they have provided is the last attachment in post #4. I do no know is that would be acceptable. What do you think?

Thanks Dot

Could someone please have a look at the attached CCA and confirm if it meets the requirements. I noticed that most of the default charges referred to are for 2014 but nothing to do with 2003. Eg, Paragraph 8, 8.3 Late payment, Return fee,Direct Debit Fee, Over Credit limit Fee all are set at £14.00 but that was not the case at the time the account was opened in 2003.

I will very much appreciate if i could have your views and input please.

Thanks

Dot

Any help please.

you'll need to pop all those scans in to a word document

THEN conver that to PDF and attach it so's we can see them please

the PPI and the PENALTY charges will be two sep claims.

This second spreadsheet is a compound interest calculator and can be used both for PPI claims and Charges Reclaims on Revolving Credit Accounts such as credit cards. Compound interest is not an award that foslink3.gif will give in respect of PPI claims but it can be used in PPI cases that are pursued through the courts. It is the standard sheet that is also used for charges reclaims both on credit cards and loan accounts where interest in restitutionlink3.gif is claimed.

CISheet v101.xls

is the spreadsheet you need, I for each.

pop their int rate in cell D15

enter EVERY PPI payment individually into the sheet

the same with the charges on the other sheet.

you'll also need to fill out a PPI questionnaire too

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you spreadsheets are ok and look correct

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you spreadsheets are ok and look correct

dx

Thanks for checking on that for me Dx,

I tried opening the attachment but after downloading but the it was blank. I do not know I am something wrong.

Please try and open it from the thread and see what I mean.

Thanks

Dot

strange question I know but why?

you are taking them for PPI

the agreement being good or not does not enter into things?

or have I missed something?

dx

and they

Just wondering if anyone can point me where to go for that could be helpful in drafting particulars of claim of this case. Would the particulars be similar to the credit card one? I need some help please.

Thanks

Dot

strange question I know but why?

you are taking them for PPI

the agreement being good or not does not enter into things?

or have I missed something?

dx

Hi Dx,

Thanks for asking. Yes, you are right. The issue here is PPI but as per my 1st post, there is an out standing balance of about £800.

That has been sold to Lowell and they are threatening court action now. So I thought it would also be helpful to find out if the CCA provided fulfills the requirements.

I hope that answers your question.

Thanks

Dot

then that would be a sep issue from the ppi claim.

dx

and they

Just wondering if anyone can point me where to go for that could be helpful in drafting particulars of claim of this case. Would the particulars be similar to the credit card one? I need some help please.

Thanks

Dot

poc is in Shelley's bc thread

same thing as a credit card [revolving credit]

dx

and they

then that would be a sep issue from the ppi claim.

dx

Thanks dx.

I guess that make things a lot easier and much clearer. I will have to look into that then at some point too.

Thanks

dot

its been pointed out that I am not advising

on the PPI correctly

as you have both running in the same thread.

for PPI you need to use the FossRuningSheet sheet.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

dx

and they

its been pointed out that I am not advising

on the PPI correctly

as you have both running in the same thread.

for PPI you need to use the FossRuningSheet sheet.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

dx

Thank you dx, I will leave this thread for PPI and start another one for charges.

I will use the spreadsheet recommended and post back for checking.

Thanks

Dot

you can use avgs from the data you do know

if you've exhausted all the SAR avenues

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Though I have list of all the charges applied, I only have statements dating back to 2009 with details of balance, monthly spend, monthly payments etc.

What do I do in this case please?

Thanks

Dot

you can use avgs from the data you do know

if you've exhausted all the SAR avenues

dx

Hi DX,

I am not sure of what to do next as large part of the statements are missing. They only provided for 6 years from 2009. I am not sure how to work out average based on that information. I have the transaction record but into details as the statement would have to help me complete the spready.

What do you suggest please?

Thanks

Dot

Could some one help me have a look at the Argos Calculation for PPI. They have failed to provide any breakdown despite repeated request.

I have failed to use the Spready recommended because the statements provided has no information as the account was already closed and there were no activities apart from out standing balance.

What do I do next.

Tanks for your help.

Dot