parking eye, Aldi car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, a friend without internet has received a letter from parking eye for overstaying at an Aldi (sorry not B&M had that on mind!) free car park by 20 minutes, wasn't aware there was a time limit as the writing on the sign is ridiculously small (I know the car park)

they're asking for £40 or £70 penalty if doesn't pay, what steps should she take, she was shopping in there but as it was a while ago threw away her receipt as it wasn't for anything requiring a receipt keep!

Is there any template letters I can print off for her that basically say up yours PE or does she just have to cough up the money?

Edited by mel2334

Did she receive the letter (NTK) within 14 days of the parking event?

When did she receive the letter?

You say a while ago, so dates are crucial.

It is easily beaten if we have the correct information.

Aldi are used to this so a visit to the store for a duplicate receipt will be a start. As long as she knows the date and a couple of the items she bought at the time they can print off another copy. This will most likely be enough to get PE to cancel "on this occasion"

hi, a friend without internet has received a letter from parking eye for overstaying at an Aldi (sorry not B&M had that on mind!) free car park by 20 minutes, wasn't aware there was a time limit as the writing on the sign is ridiculously small (I know the car park)

they're asking for £40 or £70 penalty if doesn't pay, what steps should she take, she was shopping in there but as it was a while ago threw away her receipt as it wasn't for anything requiring a receipt keep!

Is there any template letters I can print off for her that basically say up yours PE or does she just have to cough up the money?

hi mel does it really say "penalty" I hope not. or parking charge!

Parking eye have just lost another court claim I think it was in Wales ,the judge said that the amount of money they were asking for didn't represent there loss so was deemed to be a penalty change witch the judge said they cannot do.

It was the Snowdon Mountain Railway case where the judge ruled that the sum demanded by PE did not represent their so-called loss. In fact the case concerned the underpayment of a P&D ticket by £2 because the motorist had injured himself in a fall and was late getting back to the car park. The ironic thing about all of this was that the P&D money went to the railway, not PE. So the only company to suffer a loss was the railway and not PE. I wonder if the parking company were planning to pass on the money to the railway if they had won in court. What do you think!