Stopped my VISA card for no good reason

OldtimeUK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HSBC took it upon themselves yesterday to stop my VISA DEBIT card for no good reason. I had just paid online a BT (British Telecom) bill which they thought (as stated to me when I called them) ‘suspicious’. They were in possession of two contact telephone numbers for me. They did not call either of there although when I talked to them they lied and said they had called them. This is not the first time they have done this to me.

Why do any of us stay with this rubbish bank? I’m going to see my local management tomorrow and take him up one side and down the other. For all the good it will do, At least I may feel a bit better

Did you actually call them and ask what they are up to? Most banks stop cards/transactions if they suspect something suspicious, but a quick phone call to confirm details and they can unblock the card. Remember, the law says that if they suspect ANYTHING untowards, or out of the ordinary, they have to stop the transaction or card.

The absolute last thing you want to do is be abusive or yell at the bank manager. All that will achieve is you getting kicked out of the bank and possibly your account being closed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D