DLA Renewal **Granted**

odds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well going off my experience there is no such thing.

I was previously getting Lower Care Rate.

I posted my renewal claim on */oct and got a reply through the letter box 9 days later. No doctors notes sent or surgeons appointments etc. I have now got Lower Care Rate awarded indefiinatey.

They just based the decision on the info on the form I in had filled in, yet previously they contacted my GP and Surgeon for info.

Just goes to show what an absolute joke this system is !!, when other people much worse off than me get turned down.

Hi you have been in receipt of DLA all they will do is check your previous claim and if you condition is degenerative or known to not improve then if you claim your condition is as before they will base their decision on that.

This is what happened with my wife they had all the relevant information from the first claim and then at renewal made the award indefinite, I am just glad as pensioners at this time they are not planning to change DLA for us.

dpick

Hi you have been in receipt of DLA all they will do is check your previous claim and if you condition is degenerative or known to not improve then if you claim your condition is as before they will base their decision on that.

This is what happened with my wife they had all the relevant information from the first claim and then at renewal made the award indefinite, I am just glad as pensioners at this time they are not planning to change DLA for us.

From what the DWP have told me, they treat a renewal as a new claim and make no reference to the previous award.

It isn't quite the case that ALL pensioners will not be affected by PIP. As the national roll out doesn't start until late 2015, there will be pensioners who are aged 67+ being made to apply for PIP! The result of this is that if that claim for PIP gives rise a 'no award' letter, the only alternative is to appeal against it and hope that the Tribunal Service will change it. If they also refuse the claim, then that is it - you will not be allowed to make another claim as you will be over the maximum age of 65.

You will obviously have the choice of claiming Attendance Allowance instead but that does not include the Mobility element. And besides which the DWP are likely to look at an AA claim made by a 'young' pensioner in more depth than they would say someone who is 75.

My wife made 3 claims for AA. One at aged 65, another at age 67 and the third one at age 69. The first went to a Tribunal where she was shot down in flames over a poorly completed claim form and the Tribunal stated in their report that what was said at the hearing was nothing but a load of lies and exaggerations. The second was never appealed against. Whilst the third went through with no problem - she receives the highest rate for day and night care indefinitely. Yet she has had her difficulties for over 10 years - since she was 59 and nothing changed.

Edited by bedofweeds

This happened to me and it was rather frustrating. My needs have changed; which they've completely ignored and I have other diagnoses too, which have again been ignored.

Don't worry about it, it happens all of the time. My wife only received her AA award after I brought Social Services in and they confirmed via their OT that what my wife had claimed for was true and it has been that way for years! Makes a mockery of the previous Tribunal hearing when she was told that she was a liar and that she exaggerated everything. I did wonder after she received her award if the Tribunal Service would apologise for not believing her in the past?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just a quick question about documents suitable to send off for my missus as I am helping with her DLA form. Is it worth sending a report from her ESA Assessment that outlines her conditions and states she meets the Support Criteria, I also have a Letter from the Courts and Tribunals Service from last year which overturned the DWP decision in her favour.

Would they be taken into account ?

Thanks.

They may help and certainly won't hurt, so I'd send them (copies, obviously!).

Thanks for the reply, I think I may aswell include them. I thought you had to send originals and request them back.

Thanks.

Don't send originals of anything - what would you do if they went missing? Copies are fine.

It might help if you could relate the information you send to the DLA activities, perhaps in a covering letter. Make it easy for them to award the right points!

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi

Just to inform people of the outcome of this claim. Returned the claim form on 04/12/2014, and today (13/12/14) received 2 letters from DWP. The first letter informing me that they are looking at my claim and explaining what happens next, and the second letter was the award notice for DLA. Higher Rate Mobility and Lower Rate Care awarded indefinitely.

So nothing has changed in the award, they have just extended it, but at least she won't have to endure the Atos 'Assessment' by a Healthcare 'Professional'.

Thanks

That was quick!

It certainly was, I expected her to have to attend the House of Fun with Atos at least, maybe they are getting in the xmas spirit a little early :).

Her ESA claim was even quicker last year, after attending an 'Assessment' it took only 7 days for DWP to make a decision. So they can do it if they get their fingers out.

Thanks

For DLA renewals, ATOS assessments aren't routine. It's just for ESA and PIP (which replaces DLA) that they are.

But they aren't renewals as every claim is treated as a new claim, allegedly.

If it were a renewal then surely a quick questionnaire as to whether any changes in your circumstances had changed would be enough and would save a lot of money instead of going through all the hoops involved. But I guess everyone wants a slice of the money making procedure involved for a claim.