style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am about to be served with a bankruptcy petition and really need to know something.

the bankruptcy relates to a personal guarantee that I signed a few years ago for a company which then ran up a debt after I left.

I do not have the money to pay for this debt and even if it did I wouldn't.

I have a car which is registered in my name but purchased by my existing company of which I am a director.

Because I knew I was going to be bankrupt my wife started a new company in her name of which she is sole director.

can I get my wife to buy the car from the company

I am a director of so it cannot be touched.

Technically I don't own it

so think it should be ok and

hen it gets registered in my wifes company name instead of mine or hers?

Many thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the reply however I don't think that's actually correct. A registered keeper is no necessarily the owner of a vehicle and I can clearly prove that the payment for said vehicle was made via my limited company business account.

Whilst I agree they can look into the past, I wanted to make sure that they cannot remove anything from a limited company despite me being sole director and shareholder. In fact the correct route they would surely have to take is to wind up the limited company.

hi

true. an owner and keeper can be different. was just a thought :)

yes, wld be different re a co if co. is the G. (had thought was a personal G :))