Old Cahoot PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

many years ago I requested a refund of PPI on a Cahoot fixed term loan.

I received a response and an offer.

As the account had arrears they stated the refund would be used to pay these off. This was about 4 years ago.

Fast forward to the present

after the supposed refund the silly sods have sold the outstanding balance to a certain debt buying company.

The balance was never reduced and this is the first communication I have had off them in 4 years.

So they never refunded the PPI payments.

As it no longer belongs to the OC

can I claim back the PPI they never refunded,

I have scans of their original offer and the acceptance form.

I know for a fact they cannot send the money to the new owner as the OC have no financial interest in the account any more.

Thanks

PT

short answer is yes

get reclaiming

FOS CQ

spreadsheet

covering letter

to the OC

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

whilst would reclaim - there could be a danger they buy back the debt.

Would be seeking compensation for not reducing balance - at very least the refund would have reduced interest payments. Plus believe they can offset the refund of PPI payments but not the interest - that belongs to you least the taxmans cut

Thanks all,

I think I'm going to keep this one close to my chest for the moment, if they attempt to litigate I will get my defence in then reclaim the PPI back from the OC. If they then discontinue to sell it back to the OC it will be pretty much stuffed to re-litigate (PART 38.7).

Thanks

PT

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

quick recap the account was sold to Hoist Portfolio, Robinson Way got involved then Howard Cohen.

After a protracted court claim including no less than 2 orders from the court to supply documents they Discontinued :).

The account is now 100% statute barred so I have asked for the PPI back they chose never to refund. After sending an initial s77-s79 request to which they should have supplied a statement of account I eventually received one nearly 2 years after my request. This shows no refund to the account they agreed. Since they have no legal title or interest in the account anymore I have requested the refund to myself.

I have also put in a official complaint to the OC (now Satans) to why they sent completely unrelated credit agreements to the Claimants solicitors. They sent every historic agreement I had with Cahoot not just the relevant one.

lets see what happens :)

There's a turn up then

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...