Travelodge - Halesowen - Reception "fine" notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Travelodge Halesowen have recently employed the services of one of the Cowboys..

.. this is the notice on Reception desk,

next to the keypad to tap on your car registration plate.

There is signage in the car park, it's now a 1 hour limit as there's a KFC, Off Licence & Greggs under the Travelodge,

no ANPR cameras (only Security CCTV which has been there since the hotel was built), so must rely on a drive-by check.

Car Park signage is quite small, and high up on the lamp-posts so not overly readable or even noticeable, especially if you arrive at night.

And there's isn't a sign as you enter the car park, only on a few lap-post further in.

Just for a laugh I was winding up the Manager when I checked in,

asked him what planning permission was granted for the hotel,

in particular regarding car parking and charging,

and that the signage was inadequate,

plus his Notice was incorrect using the term "fine"...

. he just shrugged his shoulders and said its nothing to do with him.

I came down in the morning, actually looking forward to seeing a Yellow package on my windscreen,

and what fun i could have taking them apart for numerous CoP breaches etc, alas I was disappointed......!

I don't think it's solely for Travelodge use, as you have to enter the car park to access / egress the KFC drive-thru, and KFC have branded bins throughout the car park. The guy who owns the Off Licence leaves his car in the car park (normally in one of the disabled bay right outside his shop, without a blue badge) all day.

bay markings have no relevance in law. For all the law cares, he may as well have parked the car on its roof on a patch of grass.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Travelodge have form over this. They even threaten to "fine" you if you smoke in a no-smoking room.

And try to 'fine' you for doing so, even if you don't on some occasions doh.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.