A Little Littlewoods Guidance

closedwindows
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm sorry if this has been asked a thousand times (it probably has)

I've an account with Littlewoods which has got out of hand due to a dip in my income (I'm self-employed)

and a rise in the cost of my childcare (nightmare).

've been making token payments for a couple of months

have had a letter from their Nationwide Debt Recovery Limited partners now and am going to write back to them with an offer of payment.

I've drafted the below - does it sound like the right thing?

The arrears of the account are £740-ish and the full debt is £1200-ish so I'm proposing paying off the arrears in 6 months.

'I am unable to keep up my payments to your company or make a payment in full.

I am able to make a payment of £125 per month as below to ensure the arrears of this debt are paid off in 6 months.

I can pay you is £125 per month. I will be able to make my first payment on 10.12.2014. Please send me a direct debit form if this is required.

Please agree to freeze interest and other charges on my account as long as I keep to the payments. I will let you know about any changes in my circumstances.

If you are unable to accept my offer and freeze interest and charges, please explain why. Thank you for your help and I look forward to hearing from you.'

Is this right? Also - should I send this to the NDC Payments address on the letter?

Thanks for any advice.

OK get a break down of the charges you have incurred, some of them may be reclaimable.

If you have to do a full subject access request to littlewoods

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

You send them a very simplified budget summary. Not a fully itemised one.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If they are contacting you that many times, get a full log of them, contact OFCOM/FCA and FOS and have a read of harrison vs link as well as a few other court cases.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thank you, I will. I never answer them but still, it is a bit excessive.

It's more than a bit. They shouldnt be called 15 times in 2-3 months, let alone every day.

It's more than a bit. They shouldnt be called 15 times in 2-3 months, let alone every day.

Shows what I know - thank you - I'll get that letter out in the morning and hope they accept. I'll probably be back here panicking when they say no

Right - next stage.

I sent my letter on 14th November (Recorded Delivery 1st Class) to the PO Box Address on the NDR letters I have been receiving.

Today (17th) I have received another letter from NDR stating I have failed to make payment (I know) and that I have also 'failed to let us (them) know if you are experiencing financial difficulties)...

Do I assume they haven't got my letter? I'm a bit stuck as to my next move!

Thanks

sit on your hands

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...