Terminating work by agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to this site however read many posts before joining,

my issue is COPD, my work place of some 15 years has been very understanding of my health issues in the past year, by agreement I have been on a 16hr week I am on no other benefits,

However with my Respiratory issues I can no longer even do 10 hours a week, a year ago my Dr asked me to stop work, (work kept paying the 16 hrs regardless of me not going to work)

I have recently applied for blue badge and its issued no question, Dr has told me life expectancy max of 5 years before dead or 100% reliant on Oxygen tanks,

My question is how can work dismiss me in a diplomatic process as I and my employer know I am totally not fit to offer anything more than advice,

my Employer has bent over backwards in the past year however time has come they just have to let me go and I totally agree with them.

Any guidance will be appreciated,

Trev

Termination of contract on medical ground is always praised very much by my union activist brother and preferred over dismissal or resignation.

I never understood why but he reckons that it's the better way to leave employment if not physically fit anymore.

Other will surely explain (for the first time in my life I want to know myself 😊)

termination on grounds of medical severnce maybe?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

with an ill health retiral, depending on the pension scheme, you will sometimes get a lump sum or an early pension. But that needs to be explored carefully!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

to answer questions,

1, work has kept me on as employed however down to 16 hours,

2, I am on the understanding to claim any benefits I cannot resign from my work ,, they need to dismiss me,

this is why I am asking how to go about this so my employer stops paying me as I may be in for under 5 hrs a week due to breathing, and not to limit my right to claim benefits,

Please any advice is appreciated, its a family company been with them 15yrs plus so want to get this sorted in best way

Trev

If you will need to claim benefits on grounds of ill health or disability, it is irrelevant if you have resigned or been sacked. The only benefit that might be affected if you voluntarily leave your job is jobseekers' allowance.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I reccomend seeing someone in the CAB to work out the pros and cons of trying for medical severance.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.