myparcel delivery - city link

d33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had the experience from hell over the last week and a half in trying to get an electrical item delivered which i sold on ebay.

Things started going wrong from the off,

booked courier through myparceldelivery.com, which was city link,

took a day off work to wait at my fathers address for the pickup

the idea being easier to collect from my fathers address no stairs etc and 30kg item.

They didnt turn up ,

spoke to myparcel live chat who apologised

said driver turned up and spoke to me and i had arranged alternative transport lol.

(at this point i must have been mad to continue).live chat

man continued to say they could arrange alternative pickup in 2 days from ups which i declined,

instead my father kindly drove the oven to the nearest depot,

since this point there have been 5 failed deliveries to the receiver

the last being where the receiver was told the package had been badly damaged,

he said he would still like to check if they could redeliver,

he was expecting delivery the next day, of course they didnt turn up.

I rang myparcel to find out what was going on,

same live chat man said he would call me the next day when he had contacted the delivery depot to find out what was happening.

5 oclock the next day nothing heard so

i ring him, to be told they still havent got back to him '

extremely unusual for them not to respondl' bla bla bla,

at this point i just want my oven back wherever it is and it is friday 5.30,

i somehow get through the automated city link customer service line to speak to someone after half an hour,

she said from her records item damaged delivery to be returned to me etc,

she said she would ring the depot to find out what damage was at my request,

after 10 minutes or so it turns out they cant find it in their storeroom ! so it is down as lost.

i would be very thankful for some advice on how i should proceed,

i sold it for 500 pounds, didnt insure it etc,

am i likely to be compensated if it turns up damaged or it is actually lost?

myparceldelivery should be ringing me tomorrow but probably wont

Agghh... you sent an item worth £500.00 with no extra insurance ! Whilst it is without a doubt a rip off that they charge extra for insurance, it is always best to get it.

I think by charging for the insurance, it gives them no incentive to treat your package with respect :(

However, if they have "lost" the item - IMHO, they should compensate you.

I will try and find someone who can advise further.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi d33

I take it you've refunded the buyer.

If you speak to 'Myparceldelivery', try to record the call. They were instructed to collect and deliver the item. They failed to collect. You made arrangements to deliver it to the depot. They have since lost the parcel/package.

Have a read of their T & C's regards compensation as they have been negligent in losing the parcel/package. You didn't take out their insurance.

The Goods and Services Act 1982 applies:-

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/letters/introduction_to_letter_on_supply_of_goods_and_services_act_-_goods.htm

Hi thanks, the buyer still wants the item so havent yet refunded it to them. From what i understand my claim would be dirwxtly with myparcel rather than the courier?

The point is that it was lost in their depot, so in theory it's still there. Your father took it to the depot, they havn't married it up with the consignment number. What info was on the parcel when your father dropped it off? What did the staff at the depot action do when they received it?

Hi thanks, the buyer still wants the item so havent yet refunded it to them. From what i understand my claim would be dirwxtly with myparcel rather than the courier?

It had the delivery details reference numbers etc carefully taped inside the packaging on top, and there are tracking records on the city link website of them attempting to deliver it several times to the buyer

Might be worth taking a screen shot of that information that shows on their tracking page.. just in case they decide to delete it ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Don't be fobbed off by terms and conditions that they may try and use to limit your compensation. You don't need insurance if they have been negligent - if they try to claim T&C's to the contrary there is a more than good chance it's an unfair contract. For specific details see the thread I made at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?433696-Courier-Liability-and-unfair-contract-terms

On the tracking it is showing as being delivered now , whether that is to the adress intended or back to me i dont know . I havent heard anything from either city link or myparcel since they promised to get back to me on friday, oh and the email address for city link rep isnt recognised (after carefully checking it with her).

Just sent another message to myparcel.

After several days of not turning up with the deliveries , despite myparcel telling me they had booked them, the person i have sold to has now cancelled ,I really cant blame him.

i have told them to send it back to my local depot. where i can only pray it is still in one piece. If i need to make a claim against this company if it is damaged can i claim they have been negligent in the service they have offered , the wasted time and energy is scandalous, even speakingto the reps on the live chat was so slow with a lack of basic courtesy ie 'sorry to keep you waiting ' they would just leave you hanging for 20 mins while they supposedly made a phone call. I have kept records of the majority of livechats, emails etc