FGW and Megabus refusing to help a stranded teen / **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Due to FGW trains running half an hour late today our guest has been left stranded. She needed to get from Truro up to Plymouth to catch a Megabus onward to London Victoria and from there to Bracknell. However, the 14:42 train was late by half an hour, meaning she would arrive in Plymouth just as the Megabus was leaving Plymouth.

Catching the later train and Megabus would have left her stranded in London overnight, so that option is not viable.

We contacted Megabus to see if we could transfer her ticket for today to Monday but they have refused as we have given less than 24hrs notice, and told us that FGW should provide a refund for the entire journey.

FGW have told us that all they will do is refund the ticket from Truro to Plymouth and are not responsible 'for consequential losses'.

Surely as FGW have caused this problem they should do more to help? And I fil to see how Megabus would lose out financially by transferring the tickets from today to Monday?

Meanwhile, our teenage guess is now stranded in Truro, and Passenger Focus have advised that it will take them 5 days to respond to our complaint.

Does anyone have any advice please?

tyvmia

Hi Lilac

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do. You might get an answer over the weekend, if their executive teams work over the weekend.

Send it to:-

Mr Martin Griffiths

Chief Executive

Stagecoach Group

martin.griffiths@stagecoachgroup.com

Mr Mark Hopwood

Managing Director

First Great Western

Mark.Hopwood@firstgroup.com

Is your teen guest able to stay with you until they can be safely transported back home ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am happy to keep her for a few extra days, but she has to get back for college ASAP :-)

I was just concerned that she might be stranded a way from safety..

Are there any terms and conditions for the company that caused this problem in the first place ?

My Aunt was on a National Express coach going to London Victoria - there had been a delay in the time table and the driver announced that those passengers with timed connections that they might miss because of the delay, should make themselves known at the end of the journey as they would be provided with alternative transport to make sure they got where they were meant to be going.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

FGW quoted their T's&C's that stated they would not be liable for consequential losses, that's all I know at the moment. I have emailed a formal complaint to the Heads of FGW and Stagecoach as rebel11 suggested, just have to wait and see what they have to say for themselves I guess :|

The consequential loss game is a complete fob-off.

Don't worry about it - even if it is in their t&Cs. It is an unfair contract term and has no validity.

FGW are responsible for all of the losses which are a direct and foreseeable result of their contractual breach.

This would include an direct expenses incurred as a result of their late arrival.

It is a great shame that large companies should act in such a niggardly and unlawful manner.

Just had a very decent and positive response from Mark Hopwood about this.

He says that he has emailed the OP and is waiting for a reply.

I'm sure that the matter will be properly resolved now.

Response from Mark Hopwood, which we have gratefully accepted - "I'm proposing therefore to offer Beth a free journey from Plymouth to Reading tomorrow or Monday as she prefers to sample the train and as an apology for the disruption experienced today." Thank you CAG, couldn't have done this without you! :whoo:

Hi Lilacdaffodil

That greats news and many thanks for taking the time to give us an update.

Your kind comments about CAG are appreciated and I am sure the caggers will appreciate that.

would you like me to amend your thread title and add "Resolved"

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You are more than welcome and I am glad CAG was able to assist you.

If you have any further issues you know where we are

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Excellent news. :)

BCOBS

Well Done lilac, I sense intervention from our executive team, who always work weekends.:-D

Looks like FGW CEO works weekends too - which is always impressive.

I'm sure that lots of the things which go wrong in these big companies, happens without the knowledge of the Execs - who would be mortified if they knew. Of course it is a problem of a disconnect between senior management and what goes on on the ground - but also poor staff development of customer-facing staff.

Of course, these failings are eventually the fault of the Senior Execs who are paid magnificent salaries to make sure these problems don't occur in the first place.

Anyway, well done FGW