Letter from Thomas Higgins Partnership re GYM debt

Ricky88
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter advising I owe an outstanding debt on my gym membership of £19.50 which I cancelled around 14 months ago.

Is it likely they will issue proceedings or should I dispute based on the sum...

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Rick welcome,

For an alleged debt of less than £20 highly unlikely to issue a CC claim.

More likely to register a default on credit reference file instead.

Write asking for unequivocal proof of any such debt, state you do not acknowledge any liability for the alleged amount owed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

moved to the gym forum

numerous threads here to read

pers I'd ignore them

DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

and can threaten all they like

if your credit file is clear

ignore them totally

esp for £20!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They could add a default on your file, but since it is a gym member ship debt, it is unlikely to happen. Sit tight and youll get specific advice asap. have a read around the gym forum for some ideas on your next move. Plenty of people have been in your situation.

Suffice to say, the DCA/solicitor cannot add a default. Only the OC can, and the time for that has long since passed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They could add a default on your file, but since it is a gym member ship debt, it is unlikely to happen. Sit tight and youll get specific advice asap. have a read around the gym forum for some ideas on your next move. Plenty of people have been in your situation.

Suffice to say, the DCA/solicitor cannot add a default. Only the OC can, and the time for that has long since passed.

Thanks for all the advice all - this appears to be a forum / site full of kind, helpful people!!

Will have a read around now :-)

Hi Rick,

The letter from THP is a little odd as we rarely see them involved in gym cases. It's also very odd that penalty charges or admin fees have not been piled on top of the £19.50.

To enable us to consider your best action, can you say :-

1. What gym was this.

2. Was there a gym admin company involved, collecting the DD payments, etc.

3. Was there a minimum m/ship period (usually 12 months) and did you cancel after that minimum term was over.

4. Did you cancel by letter, email, by phone or in person, or did you simply cancel the DD mandate.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)