Statute Barred on a credit card never defaulted.

Fused
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes indeed, i did not know however that they could interfere with the data processing of the account repayments.

I have been involved in setting quite a few DMP agreements and cannot remember seeing any authorization regarding data processing, to be honest it makes little sense to me that they should be involved at all, given that the arrangements are purely voluntary on all sides and not subject to a contractual relationship however i will check.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Yes just to confirm DMP providers never handle data in respect of payment details and registering with the CRA.

All queries should be addressed to the creditors data controller.

Hi Dodge

Thank you for your message.

It is the creditors responsibility to update the credit file with the credit reference agencies, payplan take no action in this regard

Kind Regards

xxxxxxxxxx

Payplan Client Liaison

Edited by Dodgeball
remove identifying info

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• 3 weeks later...
Dear Brig, I am trying to send you a message. Please let me know when you are able to receive it. Thank you,

Sorry for the interruption to the post.

I have replied to a PM. You have just had standard letters. Given the messy history of the debt, if they wanted to take it forward, they would be writing more specific letters.

Brig has not logged in for a few weeks, so they may be on holiday.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

its a bit more than a holiday.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks for your replies. I will contact Payplan and write to the CRA and try to get this removed from my credit file, hopefully before applying for a mortgage. Apologies for my late response an accident has left me with a badly broken leg, still I now have plenty of time to resolve the problem. Cheers fused.

Many thanks for your replies. I will contact Payplan and write to the CRA and try to get this removed from my credit file, hopefully before applying for a mortgage. Apologies for my late response an accident has left me with a badly broken leg, still I now have plenty of time to resolve the problem. Cheers fused.

Feel free but until you contact the creditor there will be no change in the situation.

depends on the defaulted date in the debt summary line

if there is one

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and the title says never defaulted...

silly me was on a small screen.

dx

and they