3weans v Alliance & Leicester

3weans
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Thought I'd finally make my first post here after lurking for a while.

I'm actually handling a claim against A&L on behalf of Mrs. 3weans ..... she has been continually getting hit by A&L charges to the extent that we're chasing charges to the tune of £1995!

Anyhoo, we received the initial "OFT blah blah blah credit cards blah blah blah charges fair blah blah blah" letter this morning just seven days after sending the initial claim in - which was nice of them I suppose.

Do we now wait another week until the initial 14 days is up to issue the second letter or do we hit them with it straightaway?

My gut tells me to respond immediately but, being a polite sort of chap :p, I thought I'd check what best practice is first before proceeding.

I know it's an answer readily available by looking at other cases but I'm sneaking this post in while the boss isn't looking!

Oh, and she has already closed her account and opened another elsewhere so at least they don't have that over her.

I would wait until the 14 days are up then send the next one off, then if it did actually go to court (which it should'nt), you can provide evidence that you have been reasonable, kept to your word and given adequate time for them to respond accordingly.

Kingliam

:!:

On behalf of the Ginger one

Lloyds TSB - 1ST 12/07/06-LBA 26/07/06-MC-14/08/06-Court-31/01/2007

Halifax - D P A 02/10/06

On behalf of MumKing

Barclays Bank D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of DJ Sunny

Alliance & Leicester D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of GrandmaKing

GE Capital D P A 30/10/06

Barclays Bank D P A 30/10/06 - 1ST 15/11/06 *Microfiche [problem]

:) Hi 3WEANS, I recieved the same letter today. I will be waiting till the end of MY 14 day period then sending off my LBA (rec del). I think I have about 6 days left.I haved trawled through many threads over the past 5 or so months on GAG,the same advise from the experienced people on here is always the same, read as many threads as you can and follow the tried and tested formula. I hope my claim is an example to anyone else who looks or posts on the CAG forums. ;-)

As an after thought though, its very clear through the postings of Caro, that the A&L close accounts that have been brought to court re - bank charges. Another bank account is required if they do close.:mad:.............................I missed the last part of your thread and Isee you have opened up a new account