unfair dismissal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

looking for advice for my son. He was employed as a fitter for a large company and had good feedback for his work, doing all hours and on call. A new manager came and things started to go wrong. Another employee was suspected of stealing and several (my son included) was forced into giving statements against him, forced by way of saying if they didn't they would be surplus to requirements. My son expressed he wasn't happy with this but as he has a young family and another on they way he had to go along with it. Following this word was getting back to him that the accused man was after him and he had to watch his back. The manager was seen walking around with a baseball bat. When leaving work one night my son was stopped by this manager and baseball bat and demanded to search his vehicle, nothing was found on him. Shortly after it got too much for my son and he had to go off with stress, this was for a week followed by a weeks previously booked holiday. On his return he was summoned to a meeting with this manager and one other and told he could have a union rep with him. In the meeting he was told there was no issues with his work but they thought he had a negative attitude on the other staff as he looked miserable. The following day he was sacked, that day they said it was for gross misconduct. No verbal or written warnings had been issued previously.

His union rep stated to them they couldn't do that as no policies had been adhered to, they said his demeanour didn't fit in with the company image. Seven men have gone down this route since the start of September. Because my son had been there for less than 2 years it would seem he can't go to tribunal but it is having a big impact on getting another job. Any advice welcome please?

If it's a large company is there a head office to talk to?

Did he appeal?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

yes he did to the CEO, who took over 2 weeks to reply saying he had spoken to the managers concerned and was satisfied procedures had been followed, closing rank I think. ACAS are involved with the first man so there really is some underhand things going on, I bet all that still work there are wondering who's next