Blair, Oliver and Scott

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blair Oliver & Snot AKA Bank Of Scotland AKA Halifax... still in house so should be pretty prompt with your request

depending on what the agreement is..?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

What was the account. loan, credit card, overdraft, current account?

And what is DF'd??

6 years since when?

Last payment, first payment, still paying?

This is two debts yes?

Are you typing on a mobile phone?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Mobile? No, why.

DF'd - defaulted, hence no longer showing on the credit report 6 years on. I pay them monthly through the CCCS and have paid off £2,2k to date (since the 6 years of being on the DMP). It was originally a credit card.

- BlondieGirl

Mobile? No, why.

DF'd - defaulted, hence no longer showing on the credit report 6 years on. I pay them monthly through the CCCS and have paid off £2,2k to date (since the 6 years of being on the DMP). It was originally a credit card.

##

Are you getting a statement at least annually of what has been paid and remains owing.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes,

they haven't added any fees since it went to BOS.

Oddly enough, the other Halifax ones were DF'd and no longer show on my credit file (hooray) but this one didn't DF.

I was hoping that as Halifax/BOS etc are all the same, they would have DF'd me on this too.

I will see if the CCA is actioned because I have little info on this account because it's not showing. I don't have a statement that I can find either.

- BlondieGirl

Yes, they haven't added any fees since it went to BOS. Oddly enough, the other Halifax ones were DF'd and no longer show on my credit file (hooray) but this one didn't DF. I was hoping that as Halifax/BOS etc are all the same, they would have DF'd me on this too. I will see if the CCA is actioned because I have little info on this account because it's not showing. I don't have a statement that I can find either.

BlairOliverScott is Halifax B ank Of Scotland.

Was there any arrangement to pay on the account?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The arrangement to pay was arranged by the CCCS who make the monthly payment and have done so for the last 6 years. They arranged all payments.

6 years is an awful long time to be repaying! What remains to be paid?

£3,9k left.

This is the problem, it will take us until retirement at this rate to repay everything. From mistakes made in our 20's through ridiculous lending from these companies, to being in our 50's or so. Can't move, can't do anything!!!

- BlondieGirl

This is the problem, it will take us until retirement at this rate to repay everything. From mistakes made in our 20's through ridiculous lending from these companies, to being in our 50's or so. Can't move, can't do anything!!!

Is there any possibility of claiming irresponsible lending?

Were you truly able to meet the commitment at the inception of the agreement? Was income inflated?

I don't know, I haven't heard of that to consider it.

Have people done this??

Could we afford £60k on credit card and credit which were given out quite freely and truly meet the commitment? No!

Not when everything had added up.

We then had to rely on credit to live, as our salaries covered the monthly cc payments which then when up and up and up.

Yes we ran up the debts through bad habit and naivety but these companies were more than happy to give it out no questions asked.

We have already paid off something like £25k so it's not like we're not trying.

I just want a future especially for the children who we now have.

- BlondieGirl

I don't know, I haven't heard of that to consider it.

Have people done this??

Could we afford £60k on credit card and credit which were given out quite freely and truly meet the commitment? No!

Not when everything had added up.

We then had to rely on credit to live, as our salaries covered the monthly cc payments which then when up and up and up.

Yes we ran up the debts through bad habit and naivety but these companies were more than happy to give it out no questions asked.

We have already paid off something like £25k so it's not like we're not trying.

I just want a future especially for the children who we now have.[/quote1]

Might well be worth a look around other threads on IL see what others have done.

OK, so Halifax aka BOS/Blair Oliver and Scott have replied. I have a letter which states the following:

"I write in response......

I have enclosed with this letter a copy of the:

* Signed statement of account

* Reconstituted version of the current terms and conditions

* Copy of the original signed application

* Reconstituted version of the original executed agreement

The copy of the agreement enclosed with this letter complies with the requirements of the Consumer Credit (cancellation notices and copies of documents) regulations 1983 (the "Regulations"). Regulation 3(2)(b) provides that a copy can omit a signature box, signature or date of signature. In summary we are not required to produce a copy with the proimary cardholder's signature on it..................have satisfied our obligation......fully enforceable. We will not be entering into any further correspondence with you regarding the requirements relating to the provision of copy agreement.

Finally, we must remind you that failure to make payments under this agreement will result in collection activities and any default may be reported to credit reference agencies."

They have enclosed a balanace of account at the end of the letter. They have also enclosed 2 A4 printed out credit card agreements (they are both different). There is no signature. This account was defaulted and no longer shows on my credit file. The balance is apparently £3,944.

What do I do now?! Thank you :-)

- BlondieGirl

Well if it has dropped off your credit file then it can't be re-added, so no danger of that empty threat.

Which would make me believe the rest of that letter is also empty...if they have the original agreement then why not send you a copy of the original agreement instead of giving you all the bs about not having to, blah blah blah, when was this agreement taken out?

It was taken out in either 2005 or 2002; either way, pretty old.

I have already been advised on here, that if there are no correct documents, do not pay. I am obviouslly concerned that if I cease payments to them, they will start debt collection proceedings.

I guess I need to know, do they really have to provide a signature? I believe (following a comment on here) that before a certain date, they do. So if they do actually need to provide me with a copy (which they don't have), is is enforceable and if it's not, and I stop paying, what can they do??

- BlondieGirl

Pre 2007 agreements need to have an original agreement to produce in court to take any successful action yes AFAIK.

Post 07 agreements only require a recon agreement, as the agreements are deemed CCA compliant.

They tend to find the actual agreement and send you a copy of it ,including your signature when they realise you've stopped paying.

They have already started those 'debt collection proceedings' by sending you tame threat letters.

You could for your own peace of mind, drop your payments right down to £1 a month, to show willing.

OR, stop paying all together.

Yes, it's pre-2007 so they need to send the original.

I will dropping my payments down, but if it's unenforceable, why should I pay anything? I thought the whole thing about CCAing them was to get evidence, or not. It seems I'm still none the wiser. I don't know if it's enforceable or not. They've just sent stuff they've printed off a computer.

- BlondieGirl