Spark Energy want to charge me £140 to fit Prepayment meters?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do i have to pay for a prepayment meter to be installed for a debt recovery and current usage?

My energy supplier spark told me i had to pay 140 pounds to have 2 prepayment meters fitted for collection of my debt and current usage,

i am classed as vulnerable person and therefore got into debt

and because of bedroom tax i am waiting to move but not getting any were

thanks

that's spark for you!

disadvantage the punter at every move.

you should not have to pay as far as I know.

if you have a debt, they just do it normally

are they aware you are classed as vulnerable?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi cyberfruits

I'm Jenny, the Customer Relations Manager at Spark Energy.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having problems getting pre-payment meters installed because of the cost. I'd really like to help you out with this. While it's true that we are one of a few companies who charge for pre-payment installation, we're also open to helping you find the resolution that's right for you.

Can you please contact Spark Energy and ask to speak to me? Once I've had a look at your account I can work with you to find the best solution for your situation.

Kind regards

Jenny

Hi Jenny

Pre-Payment Meter's cost a lot more to run, the OP want's to pay you, but doesn't want to add to their existing debt, which if they have a Pre-Payment meter installed will do.

Hi cyberfruits

I'm Jenny, the Customer Relations Manager at Spark Energy.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having problems getting pre-payment meters installed because of the cost. I'd really like to help you out with this. While it's true that we are one of a few companies who charge for pre-payment installation, we're also open to helping you find the resolution that's right for you.

Can you please contact Spark Energy and ask to speak to me? Once I've had a look at your account I can work with you to find the best solution for your situation.

Kind regards

Jenny

Hi Rebel11

Understood. We're happy to go through options with the OP if they can get in contact with us. Our cheapest method of payment is by Direct Debit, it's just a case of seeing what the customer wants and what would benefit them most.

Hopefully we'll get a response and be able to get something sorted out.

Kind regards

Jenny

Hi Jenny

Please do let us know how it is resolved i.e. we arranged affordable payments etc

Hi Rebel11

Understood. We're happy to go through options with the OP if they can get in contact with us. Our cheapest method of payment is by Direct Debit, it's just a case of seeing what the customer wants and what would benefit them most.

Hopefully we'll get a response and be able to get something sorted out.

Kind regards

Jenny

Hi Rebel11

If the OP is ok with me giving an update then I'm happy to do so, or they might want to post back here themselves to confirm how it was resolved. I'll be sure to discuss that with them once I've had a chance to talk to them.

I'm keen to provide an email address for CAG members who have questions or concerns about their Spark account, but don't have the privileges yet, so once I'm able to I'll make sure there's a way to contact me easily.

Kind regards

Jenny

Hi Jenny

Please do let us know how it is resolved i.e. we arranged affordable payments etc

• 3 weeks later...