Kwik Fit - brake discs and pads £148 more than main dealer price ***Resolved***

JLAW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Took a car I recently purchased to Kwik Fit for full service and

advised that front discs and pads were worn to the metal and advised they needed replacing.

As I do around 100 miles per day and drive my kids around I agreed to get the work done, and I need the car.

The cost to replace the discs and pads came to £368.70 on a 998cc Yaris,

when I looked at the Toyota fixed repair price for the same job on the same car it is £210 inclusive.

I have been a loyal customer of the Consett Kwik Fit for a number of years but this has really upset me.

I did say the price seemed high, but was told that it was right.

On the phone when I was advised they were unsafe I'm sure I was told the brakes were £240 to fix which would seem more reasonable.

I had paid for the service in advance online so when I went to pick up the car I was only paying for the brakes.

What can I do?

I was scared the car was unsafe so felt I had to choice but to agree to the work and pay the bill.

I now feel totally stupid and ripped off.

Welcome to kwikfit. World of ripoffs.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

ask to see the parts they took off

I bet there's little wrong with them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi JLAW

Welcome to CAG

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/consumer_w/consumer_cars_and_other_vehicles_e/cars_garage_repairs_and_services_e/charged_too_much_for_work_garage_repairs.htm

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (explain that you've been a loyal customer for years, explain that you were quoted £240 over the phone, explain that you were charged £369 for replacement of the discs and pads), how they have let you down (explain that independents charge £210, you were quoted £240, but charged £369) and what you want them to do (refund the difference).

Send it to:-

Guy Wheeler

Customer Service Director

Kwik Fit

Guy.Wheeler@kwik-fit.com

****You can email it to them****, no need to post anything.

Thanks everyone. I'll put a letter in the post today.

I have always been happy with the local Kwik Fit, and in the past they have shown me the parts they've taken off.

Hi JLAW,

We are sorry to hear about your experience at our Consett centre and will certainly look into this for you. If you have not already done so, please send full details to customer.service@kwik-fit.com and our customer services team will investigate further.

Thank you.

Kwik Fit Customer Services

Done, emailed with copy of invoice - will wait and see if I get a reply.

Totally shocked that it was so much more than Toyota's price - which they give online if you put your car registration number into the website!

http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/repairs-and-parts

thanks again everyone

Good news

Had a very quick response, both from Kwik Fit customer services and the local centre.

It looks like a genuine error on the part of the local Kwik Fit, have been promised a refund of £158 via a cheque.

Good result. TBH I doubt very much if it was genuine error, but at least you won.

Kwik Fit matched the Toyota price so received a £158 refund and an apology today.

I don't really have time or skills to buy parts and fit them, so this is the best outcome I could have expected in the circumstances.