Seeking advice on the downward spiraling values of our properties

phatram
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have been asked by neighbours to seek advice on the downward spiraling values of our properties due to the numerous drug rehabilitation, wet houses and homeless hostels which have been opened with no consultation in our direct vicinity. Can you advise?

Why not get 'The Neighbours', maybe you as well, to apply for and do some voluntary work in the nearby Hostels. Maybe then they will see that helping to turn someone's life around is far more valuable than bemoaning the perceived loss of value in property prices.

(There is statistical evidence that property prices are not affected in this way).

H

46 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

HMCTS Approved Technical Expert and Independent Motor Trade Consultant

Years ago my mum had everyone's council tax reduced after a long campaign, due to the opening of a fish and chip shop where the police were constantly called for late night fights and disturbances. Don't know if you can still do this now.

As for feeling good about turning someone's life around rather than moaning about falling house prices, most people would moan and rightly so. As for statistical evidence that house prices aren't affected, I find this difficult to believe. Whether any perceived problems are justified or not, many people would be wary of buying a house near this type of facility and this would drive house prices down.

Why not get 'The Neighbours', maybe you as well, to apply for and do some voluntary work in the nearby Hostels. Maybe then they will see that helping to turn someone's life around is far more valuable than bemoaning the perceived loss of value in property prices.

(There is statistical evidence that property prices are not affected in this way).

H

I shall disregard your ill thought out comment.

Years ago my mum had everyone's council tax reduced after a long campaign, due to the opening of a fish and chip shop where the police were constantly called for late night fights and disturbances. Don't know if you can still do this now.

As for feeling good about turning someone's life around rather than moaning about falling house prices, most people would moan and rightly so. As for statistical evidence that house prices aren't affected, I find this difficult to believe. Whether any perceived problems are justified or not, many people would be wary of buying a house near this type of facility and this would drive house prices down.

Thank you :-)

Unfortunately like all addictions, drug addicts sometimes fall off the wagon which may lead to anti social behaviour including violence and disgarding used needles, well anywhere they drop them. Rehab centres should not be in residential areas, it just isn't fair that non users should potentially suffer because of someone else's bad habits. By all means offer help, but not to the detriment of innocent parties.

There is an area in my home town where a drug rehab centre was established in close proximity to a residential area. The objections of the residents were ignored, well accept for the views of a local doctor who critisised the residents objections. However this doctor didn't actually live in the area of his surgery, so didn't effect him really. And yes there has been issues with the clients of the centre, including used needles just thrown on the floor in a children's play area.