style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I was still under the impression that if i drove off before the pcn had been complete it was not valid. Turn out after getting home and looking it it its not so here is my situation. I stopped in a residents parking bay to get directions was gone maybe 2 mins max i had to walk about 15m up the road to find someone to ask on the main road. I arrive back to my car and see a CEO in the process of writing a ticket out as i was still under the impression that you could drive off and the ticket could not be served i simply just got i the car and drove off. At no time did the CEO try to hand me the ticket/stick it to the screen or try and prevent me from driving off. Anyway i got a ticket i the post and im pretty sure i have no ground for appeal but would like to try anyway. So after a bit of research i found this Link Here and think my only way is that the ticket may be invalid. It states Tickets issued by post must also state the motorists right to view evidence as per regulation 3 paragraphs (5) and (6), as required by regulation 3(4)(e) of the 2007 representations and appeals regulations. As you can see from the attached images there is no mention of evidence and from tickets i have seen on here they all show photo's of the offense. Would you guy's mind having a look over the ticket to see if its a correct valid ticket. Think i have attached images

10. (1) An enforcement authority may serve a penalty charge notice by post where—

(a)on the basis of a record produced by an approved device, the authority has reason to believe that a penalty charge is payable with respect to a vehicle which is stationary in a civil enforcement area;

(b)a civil enforcement officer attempted to serve a penalty charge notice in accordance with regulation 9 but was prevented from doing so by some person; or

©a civil enforcement officer had begun to prepare a penalty charge notice for service in accordance with regulation 9, but the vehicle concerned was driven away from the place in which it was stationary before the civil enforcement officer had finished preparing the penalty charge notice or had served it in accordance with regulation 9,

5) The recipient of a penalty charge notice served by virtue of regulation 10(1)(a) of the General Regulations may, by notice in writing to the enforcement authority, request it—

(a)to make available at one of its offices specified by him, free of charge and at a time during normal office hours so specified, for viewing by him or by his representative, the record of the contravention produced by the approved device pursuant to which the penalty charge was imposed; or

(b)to provide him, free of charge, with such still images from that record as, in the authority’s opinion, establish the contravention.

The right to view applies to Reg 10 PCN issued under 10 (1)a ie CCTV, yours was a drive-away issued under 10 (1)c