double glazing company closed down

Parky54
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help through a builder carrying out an extension we purchased on his recommendation French window door approx. £4000, 2 years ago, we gave him the money to purchase these, 3 weeks ago doors came of their runners we tried to contact company they had closed, builder says it is not his responsibility and that's that, double glazing company installed door/windows.

Is this true? is there anything we can do or approach, any advice greatly appreciated as I am severely disabled and have limited income.

I doubt it is down to the builder as it was another company who fitted them

It would not of hurt him to look at them

There is plenty of company's who repair double glazing parts may be worth getting a quote off them

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hi and thank you for replies sorry about delay in reply, builder did look say`s doors will have to be removed and runners replaced(they are 3 large patio French window doors) expensive, builder was given cash to buy them as part of the extension build, fensa do not appear to be interested there duty appears to be safety.

many thanks

Hi to all this may come as surprise or not but after contacting FENSA, there response is" they are not responsible for window, door fittings etc when they are fitted to an extension of any kind, only responsible for correct fitting and safety to original layout of building i.e as it was built to plan"!!!!, and it is all self certified they do not have inspectors of their own but employ as required. My ribs have cracked:x thanks again for replies

Hi to all this may come as surprise or not but after contacting FENSA, there response is" they are not responsible for window, door fittings etc when they are fitted to an extension of any kind, only responsible for correct fitting and safety to original layout of building i.e as it was built to plan"!!!!, and it is all self certified they do not have inspectors of their own but employ as required. My ribs have cracked:x thanks again for replies

What can I say. ..........

Chocolate "Tea Pot". ......... Ashtray on a motorbike!!!!!!!!!

as you paid cash to the builder you will find it very difficult to get anywhere but in theory if he employed or chose the subcontractors he is responsible.

FENSA just indemnify you against the council's planning dept telling you to pass building control or remove said items. Conservatories do not count, not sure about extensions though so FENSA may be wrong.