Girlfriends doctor has no idea. How to complain?

JoeyJoeC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My girlfriend has been to the doctor for swelling in her mouth / throat. It's clearly visible and she is in pain from it, and can't eat.

The doctor told her there wasn't anything wrong with her (was almost saying she was lying about it), and she must have just got a reaction to some spicy food she ate.

Well it's been a week, she has been in more pain than ever, unable to eat. Reading online seems like it's a salivary duct stone as it happens more when she eats.

So she went to the doctor again today who still didn't have a clue. After she mentioned about the stone, he asked her if she had broken any bones?!

Shes going to A&E now.

Is there a complaints procedure?

You should make a complaint to the Surgery's Practice manager in the first instance.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

She's been taken in as "Urgent" now... Definitely not sure this doctor should be in practice!

This sounds seriously alarming. Commiserations and best wishes. Sincerely hope things are now improving and that you will update when the time is right.

i hope your girlfriend gets the care she needs, be strong do not let them fob you off with " sorry you were not satisfied with the care you received this time " if people do not complain we will continue to receive substandard

care from the n.h.s and downright ignorance from all the complaints processes.

I will add though there are parts of the n.h.s that offer a superb service you just have to be lucky enough to stumble upon it.

My girlfriend has been to the doctor for swelling in her mouth / throat. It's clearly visible and she is in pain from it, and can't eat.

The doctor told her there wasn't anything wrong with her (was almost saying she was lying about it), and she must have just got a reaction to some spicy food she ate.

Well it's been a week, she has been in more pain than ever, unable to eat. Reading online seems like it's a salivary duct stone as it happens more when she eats.

So she went to the doctor again today who still didn't have a clue. After she mentioned about the stone, he asked her if she had broken any bones?!

Shes going to A&E now.

Is there a complaints procedure?

Yes, absolutely. The best person to speak to initially is the Practice Manager. Please be aware that most of us PM's work part-time and so might not be there when you call. However, when you do ask to make an appointment to see them with regards to a complaint. Generally, they'll bring you in as soon as possible. There are stringent regulations in place that govern how we deal with complaints and they should be discussed with you so that you know what to expect. The rules tend to differ by health board area but not by much, so what you might like to do is find out which is your local health board and visit their website where you'll find all of the detail. You can also get help with complaining through organisations such as the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Good luck getting it all sorted and I hope all is well with your partner.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.