Ebay, buyer trying to scam me

wellerman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just sold a mobile phone on ebay. I described the phone exactly and honestley as possible. The phone sold and the guy paid instantly. Three days later I received a message thanking me for sending it so promptly but saying it wasnt as described. Corners were broken and there were big scratches on the screen.

The phone I sent was mint but naievley I posted a libary picture of phone.

I messaged back offering a full refund if imei number matched.

He replied asking for imei number for his inbox???

Too cut a long story short a case has been opened and he has just sent the phone back.

The number is obviously different but the only proof I have is my service upgrade agreement, which has phone/imei number.

Help needed as dont want to end up out of pocket with this guys crap phone

Thanks

Hi, sorry I can't help as I don't know much about ebay. If it were me, I would message him back saying that the phone which has been returned to you is not the same as the phone that was sent to him and if the buyer is not honest then you will report 'your' phone as lost or stolen - making the buyers phone more or less an expensive paper weight..

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

Hi wellerman

Stick to your guns. You have proof, your contract, it might be possible to trace the history of the returned phone from the IMEI number. You have lots of options. Tell him you will report the matter to Action Fraud and to put it simply, 'he will not get away with it'. Tell him you will consider taking him to the small claims court.

Once Ebay comeback to you, if the decision goes against you, send the following:-

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (sold phone), how they have let you down (wrong decision - item was switched - you have proof) and what you want them to do (reconsider decision). Send the proof you have - the contract.

Send it to :-

Ms Tanya Lawler

Managing Director

ebaylink3.gif UK

tanya.lawler@ebay.com

You will have to report it to the police as theft by deception and get a crime number, which you can pass on to ebay and paypal to get them to either block the refund or take other action against the fraudster.

Hopefully the police will help you but dont expect too much other than crime ref.

Hopefully you didn't leave the money in the paypal account, so the worst eBay could do is mane your account -£170, also never link your paypal account to your primary bank account/debit card, always use a secondary one.