ATOS Advice

CerberusSco
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been on ESA since 2011. In 2012 I had a WCA with ATOS, failed the WCA and successfully won my appeal against them in 2013 with ESA re-instated and placed on support group.

Earlier this year (January) I received a ESA50 form. This was not long after the DWP recently decided to defer routine repeat assessments until further notice. Anyway, I completed it, sent it back and called the DWP to clarify that repeat assessments were deferred, to which I was advised that they were and I shouldn't need to be re-assessed until at least 2015.

However, imagine my surprise when I received a letter asking me to attend an ATOS medical in late August. This despite no sudden change in my condition (DWP still refer cases where there has been a reported change in condition, typically where someone’s condition worsens.) and also being told by an advisor at the DWP I wouldn't be re-assessed.

Where do I stand on this? Should I be re-assessed despite it being widely reported that ATOS have decided to defer routine repeat assessments and also being told by the DWP telling me I wouldn't be re-assessed? What is my next plan of action or what should I do now?

Also, My first appointment for the WCA I had to re-arrange due to a prior appointment with my support group.

It was then re-arranged for yesterday morning (29/08/2014). However, I succumbed to food poisoning and was in no position to go anywhere. The food poisoning had an adverse effect on my diabetes. I called to re-arrange bang on 9am, but was told I was only allowed to do this once. The trap being, it fails to mention this on the appointment letter. So now, this is going to go back to the Decision Maker at the DWP. I am to believe they will send out a BF223 form.

Would I be wise in calling the DWP first thing tomorrow and trying to appeal to their better nature and explain the situation whilst apologising?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply.

No, no letter from GP. Also didn't contact a GP nor NHS24/101 as they would only give advice that any diabetic would normally do in that situation. So no point calling them to get advice I already knew about. Think I'll just call them in the morning an explain the situation as best as I can, but shame on ATOS for failing to mention on ANY letter that you can only cancel an appointment once.

I still don't know where I stand in terms of being re-assessed anyway, which is irking me.