Quote Me Happy threats - help

Juliav40
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I tried to cancel my car insurance policy 2 days after I joined them. Their website instructions directed me straight to cancellations and then sent me around the houses but ultimately is set up to not accept a cancellation of policy - not within the cooling off period anyhow. I then wrote them emails - I have proof of sending three. They just responded to my cancellation emails by sending me a template informing me that I could cancel my policy free of any charges and get a refund if it was within the cooling off period but in order for me to incur no charges I must do it on their website. I replied that their website wouldn't accept my cancellation and so I was asking them to do it and just kept getting the same template email back from them - in effect they were not acknowledging my cancellation.

Now they have send me a Default Notice under Section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 telling me that I have one month to pay my direct debit sum and reinstate the Direct Debit Mandate or they will charge me a further £53 and hand me over to a Debt Collector Agency.

My Dad is advising me just to ignore them because I have done everything correctly, but I don't think this is the best advice for me. I'm sure that Quote Me Happy know exactly what they are doing and know that they are within their legal rights at the moment.

I don't really get how a company that's associated to a giant like Aviva is permitted to behave like this because there are really a lot of historical complaints about them.

Does anybody know what I can do to stop this?

Don't ignore it, as your dad states as this will lead to further issues.

You've done the right step by emailing them within the 14 days.

You need to email them again, but include copies of the original emails. Advise them that they have refused to cancel your insurance within the 14 days and that you will be reporting it to Trading Standards. Remind them they are in breach of several consumer regulations by not accepting the cancellation in the first instance.

Make sure your DD is cancelled.

Go get some advice from your local CAB.

you can also report them to the FSA if required.

http://fshandbook.info/FS/html/handbook/ICOBS/7/1 (Just a guide)

Alright Mapadale thank you for responding.

Yes I cancelled my DD two days later and my bank also put a stop on any further withdrawals from Q.M.H.

Are you advising that I actually do report it to Trading Standards?

Yes get it reported.

But still keep at the insurance company till it's properly cancelled, you've got evidence to back you up so keep pursuing it.

Also you can possibly find out about their compensation scheme as well, as advise them you wish to purse sue the matter in this event and will seek damages.

• 5 months later...

Any particular reason why there was no intervention by the aviva support staff on this one?

Looks to me like its a classic initial web issues (maybe customers, maybe web sites) followed by uncaring standard responses which a competent support PERSON could have resolved quickly and easily generating good will and good press rather than the bad taste this leaves with everyone who reads it.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

If you are asking me why there was no intervention by Aviva, I feel qualified, based on my own experience, to categorically say that there is no Aviva support for any of the numerous Quote Me Happy complaints. Only when I finally wrote Aviva's Managing Director with all accompanying correspondence, my own set of accusations about the dubious QMH business activity and promises of reporting this activity to Trading Standards did anything get done.

Every time I left a comment on one of their rather odd marketing blogs the blog in question just disappeared off the internet and was replaced with another phony write up. They even have their own feedback site which surprisingly is 100% positive as opposed to all the other feedback sites which are 100% negative.

They are not above board - Aviva has to know this - and if I can play a part in just one person steering clear of them, then I've done a good deed in leaving that bad taste!

If you are asking me why there was no intervention by Aviva, I feel qualified, based on my own experience, to categorically say that there is no Aviva support for any of the numerous Quote Me Happy complaints. Only when I finally wrote Aviva's Managing Director with all accompanying correspondence, my own set of accusations about the dubious QMH business activity and promises of reporting this activity to Trading Standards did anything get done.

Every time I left a comment on one of their rather odd marketing blogs the blog in question just disappeared off the internet and was replaced with another phony write up. They even have their own feedback site which surprisingly is 100% positive as opposed to all the other feedback sites which are 100% negative.

They are not above board - Aviva has to know this - and if I can play a part in just one person steering clear of them, then I've done a good deed in leaving that bad taste!

Thank you for the response Juliav40, I was hoping for a response from the company reps.

Lack of their response just confirms your viewpoint really in my opinion, particularly given that it seems this SHOULD have been an easy quick win resolution for them ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

Guest Aviva Support
Thank you for the response Juliav40, I was hoping for a response from the company reps.

Lack of their response just confirms your viewpoint really in my opinion, particularly given that it seems this SHOULD have been an easy quick win resolution for them ...

Hi tobyjugg2

Thanks for making us aware of this.

I'm really sorry to say it is a post we previously missed so is completely our error. We appreciate you letting us know though and will outreach Juliav40 shortly to offer our assistance, should she still need it.

Thanks

Stephanie

Aviva Social Media Team

Guest Aviva Support
I tried to cancel my car insurance policy 2 days after I joined them. Their website instructions directed me straight to cancellations and then sent me around the houses but ultimately is set up to not accept a cancellation of policy - not within the cooling off period anyhow. I then wrote them emails - I have proof of sending three. They just responded to my cancellation emails by sending me a template informing me that I could cancel my policy free of any charges and get a refund if it was within the cooling off period but in order for me to incur no charges I must do it on their website. I replied that their website wouldn't accept my cancellation and so I was asking them to do it and just kept getting the same template email back from them - in effect they were not acknowledging my cancellation.

Now they have send me a Default Notice under Section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 telling me that I have one month to pay my direct debit sum and reinstate the Direct Debit Mandate or they will charge me a further £53 and hand me over to a Debt Collector Agency.

My Dad is advising me just to ignore them because I have done everything correctly, but I don't think this is the best advice for me. I'm sure that Quote Me Happy know exactly what they are doing and know that they are within their legal rights at the moment.

I don't really get how a company that's associated to a giant like Aviva is permitted to behave like this because there are really a lot of historical complaints about them.

Does anybody know what I can do to stop this?

Hi Juliav40

I'm so sorry for the extremely delayed reply.

I'm afraid to say we missed your post previously, otherwise we would have responded sooner to offer our help.

Did you manage to get everything resolved in the end? If not, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to assist you further, or you can email us at social@aviva.co.uk if you'd rather discuss this privately.

I hope this helps and please accept my apologies again for the delay - in this case it a genuine error that we hope you'll understand.

Many Thanks

Stephanie

Aviva Social Media Team