best way of getting to the Angel PATAS hearing centre

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

anyone had to go here before, if you can advise what's the best way to get there ie car or tube as it's going to take me almost an hour to get there by either mode.

just trying to keep the cost of getting there as low as possible and as convenient as i can.

travelling from east london closest station is upton park slightly longet to get there by tube than car but i dont know how easy it will be to find parking there.

thank you your help is much appreciated

If you're talking about PATAS at Angel Mews, it's almost on top of The Angel tube station on the Northern Line.

Assuming that you're somewhere on the District line, change at Monument onto the Northern line for Angel, it'll be a lot easier that trying to find somewhere to park.

Don't forget to claim for your expenses, you never know ;)

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

thank you dragon fly I was thinking it probably is easier to use the tube than find parking in an unfamiliar place so close to central London. I really hope the council back out before it gets to that stage though as I've heard they do sometimes or they don't bother showing up at all! seems so silly to have to go to adjudication for something so trivial which could have been sorted by a little common sense.

Councils very rarely attend PATAS, they rely solely on their written evidence pack submitted to PATAS

would that mean I win by default? I would have thought they have to attend too, or is that just a wrong assumption?

No, you won't get a default win, but if they only supply written evidence, if you can cast doubt on any part of it, you'll win as there'll be no one from the council there to explain their evidence.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I don't think it's rare for councils to turn up. Normally, they have a whole batch of hearings on the same day, so they organise someone to go to the venue and attend each case. It's more likely they will withdraw beforehand than just not show up, but best to assume they will be there to present their side.

I don't think it's rare for councils to turn up.

Patas doesn't seem to agree with you:

Your hearing

• Your appeal will be decided by a parking and traffic adjudicator, who is a qualified lawyer.
  • The adjudicator is independent of all the enforcement authorities.
  • Usually, the enforcement authority will not attend the hearing.

http://www.patas.gov.uk/tmaadjudicators/tmayourhearing.htm

Wel the situation must have changed then. I personally used to go to these when I worked for my local council. They would allocate a couple of staff from the relevant department who'd spend half a day going into a series of hearings. I am wondering if Patas made a mistake in saying that.