combined nip cofp

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Missus got speed camera nip through with a section that allows yo to tick speed awareness course (if suitable) fixed penalty or court.

My concern is it doesn't state the penalty or points you will get, is that legal?

It also has warning that if you fail to reply to the s172 notice the penalty WILL be higher than the speeding fine,

I thought both were max £1000 and 6 points?

AIUI the s172 notice is to ascertain who the driver is, once that is returned the FPN is then issued to the driver named on the s172 with the choice of speed awareness coursen(if suitable) or a fixed penalty fine + points or plead not guilty and court.

Presumably that letter will give details of the fine and points

Maximum fine on normal roads is £1000 & (up to) 6 points. On motorways, the maximum fine rises to £2,500 (points remain at up to 6). But you're correct in that the fine & points for failing to give the required information is £1000 & 6.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

AIUI the s172 notice is to ascertain who the driver is, once that is returned the FPN is then issued to the driver named on the s172 with the choice of speed awareness coursen(if suitable) or a fixed penalty fine + points or plead not guilty and court.

Presumably that letter will give details of the fine and points

No the form makes you choose how you want to be dealt with or name someone else as the culprit. It implies that your choice is final but gives no VPN details only cost of course if chosen'