style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have received this.....

We are writing to advise you that we would like to visit the above property to carry out an inspection. You may wish to be present during this visit, but if you are unable to be in attendance we will use our keys to enter the property.

We have no issue with an inspection but would like to be present as not comfortable with someone entering when we are not there - this is our first inspection and we do not want the landlord "finding" issues we cannot substantiate as we are not there. We are actually going abroad to get married at that time.

What I want to know is if the landlord is allowed to just "use their keys" or if we say no to this inspection and try to rearrange - must they agree?

Hearing date 04/12/06 - Halifax £399.62

Hearing date 04/12/06 - Cap One £167.21

Look to your tenancy agreement

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Write back a polite letter stating you are away and would prefer to be there to do the check and you are happy to arrange a meeting when you return. Then change the locks so they cannot use their keys.

As long as you fit the original locks on the door when you move out there is little they can do.

The first thing I do when moving in to a property is change the locks. You don't know who has a key. Landlords always moan but that's all they do. It's tuff.

They are allowed to inspect their property and have given you notice of their intent. As you will be absent the simplest thing to do is to give them a suitable date near to the one on the letter that you will be available. Thay way the LL gets todo what they want to do and you get the "quiet enjoyment" you are entitled to. Everyone happy.