TV Summons ***Resolved***

Bearington
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon folks,

Here’s the skinny:

My partner received a summons from TV Licensing this morning, she took out the License in November, and couple of months in; we had a problem with Natwest rejection some direct debits – even when they always have been scheduled on my payday.

Anyway, she got a visit advising her to pay the one or two missed payments and the same week a letter from them advising she has one last chance to set up a new license or face prosecution. We had changed banks by this point, I set up a payment that day and they’ve gone out like clock work.

I assume I can politely tell them to bugger off? We’ve done exactly what they said – and this seems to be a common thing looking on line.

Regards,

Bearington.

Hi Bearington

Write to them informing them that you have a licence, all the correct monthly payments have been made, can they kindly cancel the summons. If you phone them record the call, but do follow up with a letter, send it Recorded Delivery.

Remember you still need to deal with the summons if they don't withdraw it. Don't ignore it.

Ok progress:

Sent letters pointing out our gripes, the dates of our new License etcetc. Spoke with someone today who told me to call back tomorrow as they need to check date of letter sent VS date of our new License number.

Let's see what happens!

I was a tad impatient so I rang them again and reiterated the evidence above:

"WE CAN STOP THIS FROM GOING TO COURT, WE JUST NEED TO CONFIRM WITH YOUR PARTNER YOU CAN SPEAK FOR THEM".

I will update in a few days .

the licence is for the house so anyone living there can speak to them baout the licence but not the more personal matters such as bank account details. They are being obstructive when they say they can stop it going to court but threaten that they wont do that. The court wont be happy.

• 3 weeks later...

So after getting a letter from the Court Administrator stating I couldn’t speak on behalf of my partner – and was told the same thing even though she explained on the phone I’d be the one speaking.... nothing for nearly 2 weeks.

On Saturday we got 2 letters:

First from TVL apologising and advising the “investigator” in question would now be referred to his management.

Secondly, a 2 line letter from the Court Administrator just saying “We are dropping the summons”.

Job done!