Trucker v Barclays **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well have a think... The logic is if you have a free overdraft for say £250 but your balance is say £600 DR and you pay £5 in interest, but they have already taken £400 in charges, then if it hadn't been for the charges you would not have paid interest. You will find that from the first date of charges the proportion of interest is very small but as you progress the the proportion increases to the point where it is all reclaimable because your balance is made up of illegal charges. Hope this makes some sense!!

Good luck m8

URGENT HELP NEEDED

I have the standard free £250 overdraft that comes with the additions account. For the last 3 months i have been approx £450 over this. The Barclays system has let me go to £750 overdrawn in total. For the last month or so i have been very careful to keep the cleared balance the same so not to incur any charges apart from interest. I sent my LBA on the 5th June so they recieved it yesterday. My wages have gone into the bank this morning bringing my balance to just £9 over the £250 overdraft. Went to the hole in the wall and lo and behold unable to withdraw, obviously someone at Barclays has intervened and stopped the system from allowing me to go to £750 DR. It seems to me that this is blatantly because i have asked for my charges back. What can i do? I have the princely sum of 94p in my pocket, with bills to pay etc etc. Any suggestions welcome or a contact at Barclays that could help!!!

Trucker

try ringing customer servicec and see what they say .... surely they should give you warning of a reduction in your overdraft facility ... this action could be deemed as retaliatory(sp?) action im sure ...

thanks saintly

my authorised overdraft is £250... i was upto £750 unauthorised overdrawn but have now been stopped. I have the number here for Customer relations (as opposed to customer service), i think that must be the department that deals with claims initially. They open at 8 so am gonna phone them

URGENT HELP NEEDED

I have the standard free £250 overdraft that comes with the additions account. For the last 3 months i have been approx £450 over this. The Barclays system has let me go to £750 overdrawn in total. For the last month or so i have been very careful to keep the cleared balance the same so not to incur any charges apart from interest. I sent my LBA on the 5th June so they recieved it yesterday. My wages have gone into the bank this morning bringing my balance to just £9 over the £250 overdraft. Went to the hole in the wall and lo and behold unable to withdraw, obviously someone at Barclays has intervened and stopped the system from allowing me to go to £750 DR. It seems to me that this is blatantly because i have asked for my charges back. What can i do? I have the princely sum of 94p in my pocket, with bills to pay etc etc. Any suggestions welcome or a contact at Barclays that could help!!!

Trucker

Your priority is to contact them asap.

Try Customer Services, explain your situation.

see if it is possible to get your OD increased to cover it, tell them it will be short term only.

Have you tried to increase the OD online?

Another option if they are not felxible would br try and open another account somewhere that will allow an overdraft facility.

Im sorry couldnt be of much help, I know it is a sh1t situation to be in, been there.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi All

I am currently over my authorised overdraft limit. I have still been able to get cash etc despite this. However, today, after Barclays received my LBA i am unable to withdraw anything. My plastic will not let me go over authorised limit>

Trucker

Hi again, just read your post in the other thread about contacting Lit team, Saintly is correct, Lit team are not involved yet,

You could contact them to see what their offer would be, in view of your current circumstances, if the chat doesnt go well today.

I know its not ideal cos you wouldnt be getting the 8% on top.

Hmmmm, just a thought when speaking to them if they dont resolve the issue, casually mention that you believe that you are being a victim of their retaliation due to your recent dispute.

They wont like that,

worked with me when they 'accidently' closed my OD down

The trouble is, it DOES state in the terms that they CAN withdraw the OD facility whenever they want to.

I think as it stands your only option is to try their customer relations side, see if theyre prepared to look after one of their own.

put them to the test.

If you lived closer buddy, i'd borrow you the money until sorted...sorry i feel quite useless,

I am sure i have read somewhere on here about issuing an injuction. Not sure if that would be relevent to unauthorised overdraft though

is there anything in here of any use

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Hi Trucker,

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Do you have an understanding employer? If so, and you are paid by BACS then you can explain the situation to them and ask them to do a BACS Recall and get your money back.

They should just explain what happened(it was a mistake to pay funds in as you had already requested a change in payment method, hadn't you?), and there may be a small charge to them for this (about £5 I think). They can then issue you a cheque to pay into your umbrella account.

Thanks Meob

I work for a bluechip so trying to get special arrangements is a no no. Unfortunately i dont have parachute account my credit file is goosed at the mo, experian working very hard to clean it up. Basically been hi jacked and my name appears on fraud list. No fault of mine i hasten to add.

I have contacted barclays debt management and they have put me on a programme with temp OD facility, so things should be ok

Sorry friend my heart goes out to you. Barclays did the same to me in 2003. Withdrew a £1000 overdraft, cancelled cheque cards etc, took some getting back from, strangely enough I am now hitting them with a bill for that period, revenge will be sweet.

Andrew

Strange, innit?

Or maybe not.

Funny how the banks can change their views on things like this. I went £300 over my o/d limit last year (by accident) because I gave the Ikea checkout girl the wrong card - easily done when you're wrestling a three-wheeled trolley, a pile of flatpacks and two carrier bags on your own! first I knew was five days later when the dreaded charge letter arrived...

Really annoying. My other account had funds to spare, but by paying the debit, Barclays made £90 out of me that month.:mad:

I'll have it back soon, though!

;)

Hi All

Just thought that it might be a good idea to give people an idea of how long it takes for individual courts to issue a date following Barclays submitting their defence. And whether you submitted via MCOL or direct with the court

Personally i am interested in the Cumbria Count Court (Carlisle and Whitehaven).

Please add your deatails to this thread

Trucker

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks