dwf wanting an I&E form filled in santander car loan

starman59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh yes I'm aware of that, but I thought that as the CRF is supposed to contain correct/factual data, even if the OC has farmed the debt out to a 3rd party DCA, then it is the responsibility of said 3rd party to keep the CRF updated with correct info, hence why OC's get others to do their dirty work?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In theory correct, what is

happening a lot now is the

''Debt Purchase'' companies

are registering as owners of debts,

while their collection ''arms'' do the

dirty work.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The only problem with checking with a CRA is that we have just moved house and I will have to give them my new address, which is no problem, but will I have to give them my new phone number and also as they have no record of me at the new address how will that effect what info I have to give them. I am happy to offer satans bank a quid a month but as that will take 3500 months to clear the debt its hardly worth their while as I am on sickness benefits and money is real tight.

Whatever you do to check your CRF will flag up your new address I don't see how it can be avoided???

When you moved address did you use the Royal Mails redirect service?

You can check your CRF on line also...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi, sorry not been on but had PC probs.

Anyhoo got a letter today from Chafes solicitors it says

"Take notice that the amount outstanding is £3394.59 and unless this sum is paid in full or a satisfactory proposal for settlement is received by 03 October court proceedings may be issued against you without further notice."

They also say court costs of £85.00 and fixed solicitors costs £80.00 shall be added to the debt.

Interest where applicable will be added on a daily basis.

They say their clients instructions are to enforce any judgement made by court.

they reckon this will be an attachment of earnings taken directly from source.

Where do I start?

How can two companies sat they own the same debt? (CCM and Santander.)

How can they (Santander) do this without sending me a default notice or a termination notice?.

Can they touch my sickness benefit?

and should I inform Chafes that no DN or Termination letter was sent to me and as I cannor afford a SAR do I do a CPR 31.14?

Hm, not heard of these clowns before so my first thought would be to send them the "No knowledge" letter, but then again you could send them the "Solicitor dispute" letter?

Decisions decision????

Third one being ignore?

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

I received a letter from dwf regarding an arrangement I have with Santander over a car loan.

I have been paying Santander £1 a month for the last few years as I am unable to work due to disability.

The letter says:

- It is our clients policy to review such agreements on a regular basis.

To this end we enclose an I&E form which you are required to complete and return to us within the next 14 days,

including documentary evidence of all figures stated.

Not sure what to do with this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

You can either complete the form they have sent you or ask National Debtline to help you complete one of theirs (which dwf/Sandander) should NOT refuse.

I am not sure about the documentary evidence - do you bank with Santander ? If so, then they should be aware of what is going into your account.

It is my understanding that your disability benefits should not be taken into consideration - but Nat Debt will advise on that.

The banks can indeed ask for updates every 6 - 12 months.. however, IMHO if your circumstances are unlikely to change because of your health then I think you should be shown some forebearance.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

how old is this debt please

who are DWF's clients on their letter

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Only a court can order you to divulge this information; no DCA or creditor has a right to it.

DWF are hoping that you'll complete the form, so that they can say that you can afford to pay back more (and it will be much more). The risk to you is that they might be minded to take you to court, but the risk for them is that even if they win the court would only order you to pay what you can afford, which is likely to be £1 a month, and they'd be stuck with it.

Personally I'd just send them a short note like this:

Dear sirs

I refer to your letter dated xxxxx, the content of which is noted.

I am aware that there is no obligation to provide the information you demand, and choose not to do so.

However, I have reviewed my income and expenditure, and am very pleased to be able to assist you by confirming that the amount I am currently paying is all I can afford.

My disability means that my situation is unlikely to change, but I would be happy to undertake a further review for you in twelve month's time. Please do not forget to enclose a stamped addressed envelope next time if you would like a reply.

Yours etc.

Thanks for your quick reply citizenB. I do not bank with them, it was a car loan through a garage. I have had no problems with Santander before about my disability which unfortunately will not get better.

I live off ESA which although is not much we get by, mind you I had to give up smoking lol.

Thanks ScarletPimpernel, That sounds like a good plan.

It certainly is :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D