finance now made redundant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

question from the brother in law

hes just been made redundant (unipart) he has two cars on finance (differnt companies), one he is going to sell once paid off (3 months to go), the other is the one he uses and he has only paid 4 months on

he has been offered another job (well 2) but wont see any redundancy money or new wages for approx 2 months, during which he will be unable to pay his finance

ive suggested that he contact them the one he doesnt drive, hes going to ask for a break of 2 months then pay the lot in full on the last month, if he gets told no on this ive told him to point out it would cost them alot more to get the court order to reclaim (plus more to find the car) than it would to let him do it

the only one hes worried about is the one he currently uses, hes going to ask for the payment holiday again but hes a bit worried if they say no

any ideas?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

request the finance co,s permission to sell the car he doesnt use immediately

on condition that he pays the remaining balance from the sale proceeds

use anything left over to pay current finance for next two months

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

both companies have agreed a token, £10 per month for 2 months, then the owed paid in full

weither it works like that is yet to be seen

however he is starting a new job tommorow now, better paid, so it might end up as just one month til his first paycheck, plus redundancy money from unipart to come

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: