Roxburgh notice Ipswich NHS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Received a letter today from Roxburghe for a Parking Charge Notice from Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust.

It says that on April 22 at 2pm I parked without a valid or visible proof of payment.

This is the first I have heard about it!

It says I am now too late to pay the discounted amount or challenge this notice.

The charge is £102 (60 plus 35+vat admin fees)

It goes on to say that their client sent a registered keeper letter.

This was never received.

There was also no charge stuck to the window when I got back.

I pay when I go to the hospital and am having difficulty remembering this exact day

from 3 months ago but could only guess that the ticket I purchased blew onto floor

or something similar as I always place on dashboard.

Can anyone advise how I should proceed?

Thanks

Who is Poxburghe's client?

You should have had a Notice To Keeper from the PPC and probably a reminder before a debt collector.

Ipswich hospital trust have dug their own hole anyway;

'We understand that it can be difficult for patients to accurately predict how long appointments may take and whether clinics are running on time.

We endeavour not to penalise patients and their accompanying visitors in these circumstances. If you are concerned, please talk to a member of clinic staff. If you receive a ticket you think is unfair, please appeal straight away. The money our hospital makes from car parking charges is reinvested in maintenance and improvements for the car parks and the provision of a security service.'

http://www.ipswichhospital.nhs.uk/findingyourwayandmaps/car-parking.htm

http://www.ipswichhospital.nhs.uk/Default.aspx.ShortcutID-301064.faq_id-1541.htm

oh dear... fined , penalised , penalty notice.....

Does the letter mention the Protection Of Freedoms Act, schedule 4 ?

If not , look at the very small print , and does it say that the driver is responsible for this charge?

so, no ticket on windscreen and no NTK for authomated systems within 14 days then they are timed out to require the keeper of the vehicle to pay up.

Roxburghe are writing to you as it must be obvious to the originator that they cannot use the law to chase you so are using a DCA and hope that you are ignorant of the requirements of the PoFA.

For the moment you can ignore them but should you receive anything that looks like a letter before action then you should ask for "strict proof" of the claim including a copy of the original "ticket", copy of the RM RD label and post office receipt for its posting. You can also make an enquiry with the DVLA as to who has accessed your data to get your address to send you this letter. There is a good chance that a complaint can be made to the DVLA about someone telling porkies to get the info, which is a reportable matter thn could get them a fine from the ICO if they make a habit of it.

To answer Armadillo, The only mention of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 is the following sentence:

"A notice was sent to you by our client, as the Registered Keeper of the vehicle indicating that you could be liable for this charge if it remains unpaid, under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012".

Thanks also to ericsbrother. I will certainly be contacting the DVLA to find out who got my details. I may even respond to the Roxburghe letter with your requests now and the fact that I am making a complaint to DVLA. Can't believe these people are allowed to prey on the unwitting public like this. Unfortunately, a lot of people will be unaware of excellent advice websites such as this.

Edited by jbenmore

In any of your correspondence, only refer to the registered keeper .

Do not identify the driver, as that is the only person they can ' chase ' for this charge.

And they do not know who that is...

( that is my reading of this , without seeing the poxburghe letter. )

If you are going to contact Roxburghe make it plain form the outset that no liability to them or their client is admitted and that the requirements of the PoFA have not been met by their clients and that they should refer the matter back to them as any further correspondence from Roxburghe will now be treated and reported as harassment.