False internal job description?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, Thanks for taking the time to read this.

My partner has recently applied, and being successful on an internal job opportunity within the business we both work within.

The whole process was an utter shambles if you ask me. To begin with it took a month for her to get feedback on the interview, despite the head of HR promising to meet her on several occasions. He didn't even notify her when he couldn't attend the 'catch ups' he had promised.

So anyway, after a long month left wondering, he finally pulled his finger out and told her the good news in that she had been succesful at interview and the position is hers if she wants it. With the position being that of a recruitment assistant, and always wanting to get into HR / recruitment my partner jumped at the chance and accepted the new position.

The position was only advertised within the business, and clearly stated its FULL TIME, at 37 hrs per week on the job description. We both assumed this was still the case but yesterday the head of HR sat my partner down and has informed her the position is only on an 'as and when required basis', meaning she will continue with the duties of her old role and only aid in recruitment and HR when needed. Not being one for an argument my partner didn't kick up a fuss but she is now VERY upset at how she has been treated, and so am I!

My question is, would my partner have any grounds to argue her new position should be as it was advertised, FULL TIME???

I am utterly shocked at this whole thing! We both work within one of the top 10 branded companies in the world and with that in ming you would think their HR procedures should be better!

Any advice welcome, cheers.

she could not take the role. my guess is no one was quite what they were looking for so they are offering some development to see how it goes, but I may be wrong.

but things change. There's no right to the job - they could simply have withdrawn the position altogether.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!