style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have been having severe broadband connection issues with Sky for 7 weeks now. Without going over every problem the main ones are

1. Taking up to 50 minutes to connect to broadband.

2. Once connected I get thrown off again after a few minutes although, at times, the connection just freezes.

3. Download speeds severely restricted down from 900kbps average to 130kbps.

4. The need to continually reboot Sky Hub.

Have phoned and emailed Sky and always told "it will be sorted out and we'll get back within 72 hours". They do not. Have sent a complaint letter to customer services but no reply. I'm thinking Sky are ignoring me.

Any suggestions on what my next move should be would be helpful?

Yes, you should stop telephoning them unless you are recording your calls. It would be extremely useful to have them on record as admitting that there is a problem and saying that they will be sorting it out for you.

One of the problems with the kind of difficulties that you have been having is that it can be tricky to identify where the problem is. You sometimes find that when you start challenging these people in a formal way that they then start saying that it is not their fault and it is the fault of your equipment or some other circumstance beyond their control.

I suggest that you call them again with a recorder in place go through pretty well the same conversation get them to say that they will sort it and of course it will be very useful if they would give you an idea of what they think the problem is.

Once you have that then you can refer to it all in a formal letter and ask that the complaint be brought to the attention of the regulator.

If it really does go on then I suppose that if you're not able to get any more satisfaction that you will have to think about some kind of legal action which would at least make them take you seriously – and of course you will have the recordings to show that you are right.

It is such a shame to have to go to these kinds of lengths with these people but they are so huge and so impersonal that is sometimes the only way to get anything done. At the moment as far as they are concerned you are just a nuisance.

And of course don't forget that if you decide to stop paying your money then they will suddenly lurch into action and smash up your life with debt collectors cancelled services, damage credit files and the whole lot