Ircas fine- someone has given my sons details

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My son has received a latter today from IRCAS saying he hasn't appealed a train fine from may 28th.

Well its news to him, this is the first letter.

It says he dodged his fare on this date from Hereford to Manchester.

He has never been to Hereford in his life or near there and was in work that day and can prove it. its a 72 quid fine.

at first i thought it was a spoof as had never heard of them before

but now I think someone must have used his name and address.

Do they ask for ID when taking someones name and address?

It wasn't him and I am not sure what to do now.

Anyone able to help please?

simply write to them referring to the case number

and proving proof

by say a timesheet or letter from his employer

saying he was at work that day

and the details are bogus.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whoever was stopped and reported for fare evasion knew your son's details.

Unfortunately in uk it's not compulsory to carry an i.d., so a smart petty criminal can easily escape prosecution and create trouble similar to this.

The inspector should have taken a detailed description of the alleged offender, so this could help.

However, as dx100uk said, if your son has proof that he was somewhere else at the time, it would be easier and simpler to sort out.

Remember, the burden of proof remains with the prosecutor; they have to prove that your son was indeed the suspected offender.

Write to them explaining your facts and back it up with any supporting evidence.

They will most likely withdraw the case.

It happens all the time.

Can't really add much here to be honest. As has been said, write to them and tell them it wasn't him...If he's over 18-years old he needs to do this himself as unfortunately, to all intents and purposes, he is an adult and therefore it's his job to sort it out. They will most likely withdraw the case quite readily as they've seen it all before and tend to know when somebody's trying to pull a fast one.

Can't really add much here to be honest. As has been said, write to them and tell them it wasn't him...If he's over 18-years old he needs to do this himself as unfortunately, to all intents and purposes, he is an adult and therefore it's his job to sort it out. They will most likely withdraw the case quite readily as they've seen it all before and tend to know when somebody's trying to pull a fast one.

Yes, Stigy is spot-on here. Your son must do this himself as soon as possible and should ensure that he signs the letter because if you, or another third party (non-lawyer) does it they can simply ignore the comment and advise that they cannot correspond through a third party.