drydens/sygma claimform for old Adams Credit Card 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

i have received claim from Drydens Fairfax for Sygma bank credit card on Saturday. Would anyone please help me. I have acknowledged it through MCOL service with intention to partially defend it.

Any advice would be much appreciated

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread moved the Legal forum where the guys will be along to help as soon as they are available.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello all thanks for quick reply.

Name of Claimant -Sygma Bank UK

Date of issue –25/06/2014

Date of issue 25/06 + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 14/07 + 14 days to submit defence = 28/07 (33 days in total)

What is the claim for – The claimant claim is for monies due from defendant under adams credit card agreement number.... issued on 03/04/2006 regulated by the consumer credit act 1974.The defendant breached agreement by failing to maintain payments in accordance with the agreement and was served with notice under section 87 (1) of the act.

the Defendant has failed to comply with the Default Notice and the Claimant claims the sum of 1,157.13 together with interest at the rate of 39.90% per annum in accordance with the Agreement on the sum due from 31/03/2014 to 25/06/2014 totalling 110.05 and continuing until Judgement or payment at the daily rate of 1.26492

What is the value of the claim- 1,417.18

Has the claimant included section 69 intersection (8%)within the total claim or is it shown separate within the Particulars but not added to the debt- NO

Is the claim for a current or credit/loan account or mobile phone account- Credit card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007- April 2006

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim-It has been assigned to Drydens

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment- NO

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor- YES

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year - NO

Why did you cease payments:- financial difficulties

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved- YES, I have started reclaiming of unfair late payment fees and over-limit fees process with Sygma.

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan- NO

IMHO you need to go back on MCOL and change it to defend all.

if you part defend

you'll get a CCJ by default no matter what you do.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

IMHO you need to go back on MCOL and change it to defend all.

if you part defend

you'll get a CCJ by default no matter what you do.

dx

Dx thank you for quick reply:)

I didn't know I could change that. I will go to MCOL and change it.

Do you think I stand chance? I thought if admitting partially I will avoid CCJ.

I think you can change it

give it a go.

defend all

partial defend will always result in a default judgement

as you are not defending ALL of the claim.

and they

I think you can change it

give it a go.

defend all

partial defend will always result in a default judgement

as you are not defending ALL of the claim.

Will anyone be able to help me with drafting defence please?

I have sent CPR 31 request to Drydens today, and CCA to Sygma.

Thank you in advance

yes ofcourse

lots here already in this forum

go take a read

all will depend on the outcome or not from the CPR/CCA

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

nope you send no reminders

just don't forget to file you defence by end of day 33

and they

nope you send no reminders

just don't forget to file you defence by end of day 33

Thanks DX

Your advise is much appreciated.Will you help me with drafting defence please? Also no sign of CCA yet.

use your rtime wisely

there are loads of threads in theis forum with andyr's defences

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all,

Defence submission due date approaching fast-28th July. Drydens have not responded to my CPR 31:14. CCA received, its very poor copy of my application, cant even read it. I have sent request for more legible copy no response.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction regarding to defence please?

Thank you in advance

Hello,

My rafted defence below.Will anyone have a look at it and check if it ok please?

1. I, XXX am the Defendant in this action and make the following statement as my defence to the claim made by Sygma Banque Sa Inc France trading in UK as Sygma Bank Uk.

2. Except where otherwise mentioned in this defence, I neither admit nor deny any allegation made in the Claimants' Particulars of Claim and put the Claimant to strict proof thereof.

3.It is admitted that that the Defendant has in the past entered into agreements with Sygma Bank Uk.The defendant believes this claim relates to a credit card held with Sygma Bank Uk.

4. On the 30th June the defendant made a request for inspection of the agreement as disclosed in the Claimants statement of Case under CPR 31:14.

5. The Defendant has not received any documents from the Claimant in response to this request.

6.On the 30th June 2014 a request has been made to Sygma Bank Uk pursuant to section 7(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 in order to obtain a true copy of the agreement which the claimant was demanding payment under and to obtain further information about the terms of the contract.

7. The Claimant has provided an illegible and incomplete document in response. The Defendant has not yet been able to examine the terms and conditions which were in force at the time that the agreement was executed. The copy document that has been disclosed is illegible contrary to the Consumer Credit ( Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557) and the Defendant is unable to asses the agreement and original terms to form her defence as to charges and interest applied to the account.

8. The Defendant also contends that the document supplied to her in response to the formal requests under s.78 Consumer Credit Act is incomplete and does not contain all the terms applicable at the inception of the account.

9. Accordingly the Claimant has failed to comply with s78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

10. For the avoidance of doubt the Defendant requires the Claimant to plead effectively and disclose the legible documents upon which the Claim is based. In the event the Claimant fails to replead, then the Defendant reserves the right to apply for whatever orders it deems fit including an order striking the Claim out.

11. For the avoidance of the doubt the Defendant requires the Claimant to plead effectively and disclose the legible documents upon which the Claim is based. In the event the Claimant fails to replead then the Defendant reserves the right to apply for whatever orders it deems fit including an order striking the Claim out.

12.Accordingly, the Defendant avers that

a) The Claimant has not complied with s78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and therefore cannot enforce the agreement.

b) Therefore, the Claimants Claim should be dismissed.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Thank you for any advice on this guys.

Its a tad repetitive scared34 and not fully CPR compliant which of course makes it a little long winded...have you not viewed any of the drafts I have prepared?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well quickly ...it screams that your only defence is the illegible agreement/none compliance to CPR 31.14...because you go into detail as to why it is so and that is not enforcible...2 x strike out and 1 x dismissed.....the court will decide you dont need to tell them.

Dont state the answers to the questions you pose.Just state they responded to your section 78 request you will contend its deficient.....dont tell them why its deficient...then they cant refute it or offer argument.

Never show all your hand as the claimant can prepare a suitable full response...your defence should only deal with the particulars raised...point by point.

Bring forward your particulars and Ill try to have a look later on.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thank you so much Andy :)

POC are as follows:

The Claimant claim is for monies due from the Defendant under a Adams Credit Card Agreement (''the Agreement'') number ....issued on 03/04/2006 regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ('' the Act'')

The Defendant breached the Agreement by failing to maintain payments in accordance with the Agreement and was served with Notice under Section 87 (1) of the Act.

The Defendant has failed to comply with the Default Notice and the Claimant claims the sum of 1,157.13 together with interest at the rate of 39.90% per annum in accordance with the Agreement on the sum due from 31/03/2014 to 25/06/2014 totalling 110.05 and continuing until Judgment or payment at the daily rate of 1.26492.

Also,today I have received response to more legible copy of agreement previously provided by Sygma. And they are both entirely different. The one I have received today its just printed application form with my name handwritten in blue ink by one of the staff I presume,and my current address which is by the way different to the one I lived under when applied for card.

Attachments below, although first one is totally unreadable I tried to compare them to see if interest rates, default charges are the same but its impossible as the first copy is very poor.

Thank you so much again Andy, your help is invaluable for me.

I have unapproved your uploads scared....you have left identifiable data showing.

Regards

Andy

I have unapproved your uploads scared....you have left identifiable data showing.

Regards

Andy

My apologies Andy,

I will re scan them. Did you have a chance to look at my poc yet?

Thank you

morning guys,

attached two cca with I received.

I covered all the relevant data this time.

Adams 2 is response to more legible copy of CCA they have provided (adams1)

although its just blank printed out copy of application form not signed.

My defence has to be submitted on Monday 28th July so please help.

Thank you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?404641-MBNA-court-Activ-Kapital/page8

Look at post# 158 on page 8 for your arguments against the Claimants’ particulars of claim.

Have a read of the statement drafted in this the above thread for your argument against the agreement in your case being improperly executed under s.61 CCA 1974 and these breaches of the same by the Claimant are irredeemable and therefore the agreement is irredeemably unenforceable by operation of s.127 (3) CCA 1974. And, the two agreements even when placed side by side do not mirror each other and would not even satisfy the provisions of ss. 77 or 78 of the CCA 1974. This would be your argument in your Defence against paragraph 1 in the Claimants’ particulars of claim.

Further, as to paragraph 2 of his particulars of claim, argue that you were not under any obligation to the claimant under the improperly executed agreement or any other contract and therefore you have not breached any of the terms, conditions or clauses therein on which he relies. And, whether he served a valid default notice or not under s.87 (1) CCA 1974, which is not admitted that any such notice was received, the notice would be of no legal effect in these proceedings because the agreement remains irredeemably unenforceable.

As to paragraph 3 of his particulars of claim, simply state, for reasons set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief sought as alleged or at all and the Defendant puts him to the strictest possible proof on his allegations and to prove contrary to the matters set out herein.

STATEMENT OF TRUTH

I believe that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed……………………………………………………….this________day of July 2014

(PRINT YOUR NAME HERE IN CAPS) - Defendant

Kind regards

The Mould