Halifax credit card problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I only know certain details (will add more as I know) but thats so much to all who give advice. Truly appreciate it.

Lets say it's like this for now (Don't punish me, i'm just the messenger):

My girlfriend got a CC out with Halifax. For whatever reason she had problems repaying it.

From what I heard her Monthly charges got out of hand and became more than what she can afford to pay back per month. She asked for an interest freeze and a repayment plan to be set in place.... They said nope.

She has been trying to repay bits and pieces when she can (Literally on a shoestring budget for repaying).

A while later she applied for a halifax loan.... Nope... as we could expect.

Now what?

Surely the bank should or would enter a repayment agreement? Having the whole sum with the current interest when they know she is having financial problems is better than refusing to freeze it, her entering bankruptcy and the bank losing out of around £1000 that is owed?

Halifax are very difficult to deal with... Think about it like this, today i sent a LBA to Lloyds,... Thatll give you some idea.

SAR Lloyds, see what they come back with... (I say SAR lloyds because they are the central data holders for Halifax)

Then go for a reclaim of the charges they have put on there... Should extinguish most of the debt. Get them to listen.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

can we have the debt history

and is this on her credit file

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I have asked her now a few times for the full history over the last 2 weeks since starting the thread. She said she would find all of that out but still hasn't.

I will remind her to look again, if not she will just have to sort it by herself.

Thanks again and I will update the thread if I get told that info