bailiffs came to old address where car is still registered

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there

got a big problem jbw bailiffs

have come to a previous address where my car is still registered

i have only just found out there was pcn for driving through a bus lane last year

my uncle rang me yesterday as the bailiffs came

he gave me the number of the bailiff

i rang him and explained this was the first i had heard of the matter

he said i had to pay £579 !!

he said there is 2 pcn's plus their charges

he said he wanted payment in full

which i dont have as i am currently on benefits

i offered to pay so much each month but

he didnt want to know

he said he would have the car

i said there is still outstanding finance on it

he said it dont matter

i have been reading bits online

what would be the best thing to do in my situation

i will pay the fines

but the bailiff charges are excessive !!

worried now because i dont know when the bailiff is going to call at my home :Cry:

Edited by jammin1975

Before the bailiffs call there would have been several letters sent to that address from TFL for each ticket. And each letter would be racking up the bill.

As far as the finance goes, they should only not be allowed to take the car if it is on some kind of HP or leasing where the car does not belong to you until the last payment or

where the car never belongs to you. A bank loan for example would not prevent the car from being taken into the bailiff control. That would be of course if they could find it.......

Does the bailiff or Enforcement Agent as they are now known have your new address. Before he can call at your home, he should send the warrant he has back to TFL to reflect

your new address but he probably won't bother so do not leave your car near the house.

the car still has outstanding finance on it

i have read about them clamping other peoples cars and ones with finance on

should i park away from my house ?

do i have to receive a letter before the bailiff comes to my new address ??

i am goin to ring tec and explain the situation and

try to file a statutory declaration / witness statement and

try to ring the council to explain if i can i will pay the fines

but the bailiffs fees and his attitude i do not like but this needs sorting out soon .

Edited by jammin1975

You should definitely park the car away from your premises until the matter is sorted.

Outstanding finance is not the issue, it is how the finance is applied. If you have just got a loan from your bank then the car can be taken because the car belongs to you as the

bank has paid the previous owner for your car. However if your car is on HP where the car does not belong to you until the final payment is made than normally the EA cannot

take it because it does not belong to you. that doeas not mean the bailiff won't clamp it since he knows that once clamped you will try hard to pay him so you get the car back.

Do you know what the other PCN is for? Have you seen any correspondence from the bailiff? Letters from the bailiff are now vitally important as if he hasn't sent one he may not

be able to seize any of your property.

You do need to read all your mail from your previous address so that you know what is going on. Once you have them if you could post them on here without including your name and address and any reference numbers that could identify you, we can then give you further help.

hi

the car is on hp till final payment but

do not want to take the risk

i havent seen any paperwork

didnt know anything about it till the other day

only spoke to bailiff on phone

just waitin for him to call

does he have to send a letter to my current address before he calls

or can he just turn up ??

If the EA has sent you the 7 day notice-you will recognise it as there will be a charge of £75 for the letter and the 7 days notice of them coming out to visit you is included in

that letter. I suspect that the 7 days may have passed already and as you have not appeared to make an arrangement with him, he can now come and visit you which will cost

a cool £235 een if he doesn't clamp or remove your car.

In the circumstances, you would probably be better paying him something to prevent any visit thus saving you £235 while working to get the whole scene put back to where it should be. If successful you will get the money you have paid back. If not you have saved yourself quite a chunk of money.

The letter advising you of a forthcoming visit should include the details of the PCN and the cost breakdown and it could be of great help to you if you could find it.

hi update i rang the council they told me to ring tec and fill in pe2 pe3 i had them emailed to me i will print and i am goin to the courts to get witnessed when i sign them and then then return to tec recorded delivery in mean time park car well away from house and if bailiff does call dont let him in how long would i have to wait to find out the outcome ???