Letter wording help, to a Garage for shoddy repairs please??

Stormbitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an insurance repair job done on my car late 2012.

I have made several visits to the garage to complain about the work. They made some alterations.

During February of this year I called an assessor out to check the work who wrote to me saying the paint did not match and the work was shoddy.

I took 5 quotes and chose a repair at £350 to make the paint match better.

Although I do not have a case against the insurer because I CHOSE the repairer, I think I have a claim against the repairer under the sale of goods act.

I want to write a nice letter explaining that I gave them lots of insurance jobs and my own cash jobs in goodwill, but this one has gone bad and that I want them to write me a cheque.

They are a small company, bunch of ruff tattoo types who like to fight and run a down beat backstreet shop...

I am actually worried they might come and destroy my car...>!!!!!

Hi Stormbitch

It would not be under the Sales of Goods Act, it would be under Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Select the correct template, amend it, send it Recorded Delivery. If anything happens to your car you will have a very good idea who it is. Get some basic surveillance equiptment to monitor your car at home. Send a copy of the assessors report.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/supply-of-goods-and-services-act-1982

Tesco's have surveillance camera's too, in fact there is just too much surveillance.:wink:

One surveillance camera for every 11 people in Britain, says CCTV survey

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/10172298/One-surveillance-camera-for-every-11-people-in-Britain-says-CCTV-survey.html

Yes I was thinking of surveillance too. It is tricky as they might see my car in tescos too :)

Did you not sign a customer satisfaction note? The insurance won't pay the repairer unless there's one included with the invoice and authorisation note.

When we carry out insurance work we always get the customer to check over their car first, then sign the satisfaction note.