Repossession Order

goodyear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Im not sure if I have posted in the right forum.

I need some help. I received a letter from Acenden Solicitors on Saturday and my court date is 8th July.

I spoke to Acenden/Preferred last month and agreed to pay £356.55 on the 1st June which I did. I went through an Expenditure form with them, and for some reason they said I had £300 left out of my money. And asked me to pay an extra £200 to stop court proceedings. I could not afford the additional hence why the court date has arrived.

On doing my form again I dont, I only have £120.

Is it worth ringing them and pointing out their mistake in my expenditure or go to court?

Many Thanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prob them thinking they can override other priority debts. Happens a lot in the sub prime world.

Weve even seen reports where lenders and solicitors told the debtor to cut back on the food theyre buying so they can pay more.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Prob them thinking they can override other priority debts. Happens a lot in the sub prime world.

Weve even seen reports where lenders and solicitors told the debtor to cut back on the food theyre buying so they can pay more.

How can you back on what you spend on Food, and toiletries its a joke. Myself, an 18 year old and 6 year old.

How can you back on what you spend on Food, and toiletries its a joke. Myself, an 18 year old and 6 year old.

I dont even have a social life, I work 4 days a week. Out from 9:45 till 11pm at night :/ Its not healthy for myself or children. But needs to be done

Hello there,

Please do consider completing this financial statement (you can click through to find it) as it meets a recognised industry standard format. Although I cannot say for sure, it may well be that the one you completed with the mortgage lender didn't cover everything that you may reasonably need to list within your outgoings.

Please make sure that you attend the hearing. If you can show the court that you can meet the mortgage payment plus a little extra on top towards the arrears the likelihood will be that you will be granted a 'suspended possession order'. This means that you'll be able to keep the property - so long as you can meet the arrangement. The court should allow you to pay the arrears over a long time, this could be several years. In fact, an important court case called 'Cheltenham & Gloucester v Norgan' has reinforced the fact that you *could* pay the arrears off over the whole remainder of the mortgage term.

We have a really useful fact sheet that covers mortgage arrears in detail, you can find it here.

Please also investigate whether or not the lender has been charging you for late/missed payments - if so, you should look into claiming those fees back - this site is absolutely the right place to be to help you with that.

Very best wishes,

David @ National Debtline.

For Free, Confidential and Independent advice: 0808 808 4000

Monday - Friday 9am to 9pm // Saturday 9.30am to 1pm // 24-hour voicemail. Please leave a message to request an information pack. http://www.nationaldebtline.org // http://www.mymoneysteps.org

Hi there, have you sent back the N11M defence form yet? I can help you with Q.27 of the form which is your statement in defence of possession.

How much are the arrears and how many months payments does it represent?

How long is left on the mortgage ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, have you sent back the N11M defence form yet? I can help you with Q.27 of the form which is your statement in defence of possession.

How much are the arrears and how many months payments does it represent?

How long is left on the mortgage ?

Hi Ell-en

My arrears are £989.20 I have 15 years left on mortgage.

I havent filled that form in yet. You have to pay?

Those penalty charges could be reclaimed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Ell-en

My arrears are £989.20 I have 15 years left on mortgage.

I havent filled that form in yet. You have to pay?

Hi, no you don't have to pay to put your defence form in.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

You're probably thinking of the N244 application to court to get a hearing to stop eviction.

Is the property in joint names?

Are there children living in the property ?

How much can you afford to pay towards the arrears each month in addition to the normal monthly payment?

What was the reason for the arrears?

If you complete the affixed budget sheet (it calculates automatically) it will show you how much you have left over to pay towards the arrears

Hi

I have a 6 year old in the property.

I suffered from depression and was on and off work for a while, My sister was supposed to be looking after finances, i didnt realise the mortgage was not getting paid. As she thought it was a direct debit and I pay this as a bank transfer on the last day of the month. My ex partner is now paying more maintenance to help me with my situation, and until I find a better paid job.

Do you need a copy of my budget sheet?

I can look over your budget sheet to make sure it's OK if you like ? you can send it to me at Ell-enn@consumeractiongroup.co.uk (there is no space between the c and o, the site just shows it like that). Let me know when you have sent it so I can look out for it.

Thank you Email Sent.

Just checked letter from Solicitors and it says

We have been instructed by Preferred Mortgages to Issue court proceedings for possession of your mortgaged property. You will be informed of date. (which is 8th July)

........ This isnt an eviction notice is it

Sorry for delay - we had a cracking thunderstorm here and electricity was off for a couple of hours. It's not an eviction notice you've received - if you haven't already got court documents you will get a claim for possession from your local court this will include and N11M defence form. You will have to attend the hearing, and it's likely the judge will order a suspended possession dependant on your paying the normal monthly payment and an amount towards the arrears - you need to fill in the defence form and take it to court 14 days before the hearing - we can help you complete the forms and write a statement to go with Q.27 of the form.

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Sorry for delay - we had a cracking thunderstorm here and electricity was off for a couple of hours. It's not an eviction notice you've received - if you haven't already got court documents you will get a claim for possession from your local court this will include and N11M defence form. You will have to attend the hearing, and it's likely the judge will order a suspended possession dependant on your paying the normal monthly payment and an amount towards the arrears - you need to fill in the defence form and take it to court 14 days before the hearing - we can help you complete the forms and write a statement to go with Q.27 of the form.

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Please help me with the forms. Thanks.

I will get to court on Wednesday.

Hi, will get back to you later this evening when I get home.

I have replied to your email

Have you not received the court papers containing the N11M in the post yet?

Please make sure that you attend the hearing. If you can show the court that you can meet the mortgage payment plus a little extra on top towards the arrears the likelihood will be that you will be granted a 'suspended possession order'. This means that you'll be able to keep the property - so long as you can meet the arrangement. The court should allow you to pay the arrears over a long time, this could be several years. In fact, an important court case called 'Cheltenham & Gloucester v Norgan' has reinforced the fact that you *could* pay the arrears off over the whole remainder of the mortgage term.

A suspended order for arrears of less than £1k. No offence, but the above is poor advice. (Okay, not 'poor', just not the best in the OP's particular circumstances.)

OP stated quite clearly that she had made an offer, which was accepted until they did another I&E and felt she had £300 disposable income. It was their error, she has not, she has £120, which, with two children she will need to buy any incidentals and extras - like shoes!

OP actually needs to file her defence and include the statement that she made an offer, and on their error the mortgagee thought she had more money than she in fact does and have taken her to court on this basis. Due to that, she will be asking the court to dismiss the claim and request that the judge orders that no costs be added to the account or the security (important to get the judge to state both), as the possession proceedings were based on incorrect information and a resolution was still actively being sought (pre action protocol and MCOBs are important here - repossession is supposed to be a last resort, and the mortgagee is supposed to consider any reasonable offer from the mortgagor and give reasons for rejecting it).

OP, if the judge doesn't go with the dismissal request, then you request an adjournment on terms and ask that costs are not added according to the same criteria above.