IRS debt collector & Peugeot Finance 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm hoping there's someone on here that can help?

I'm just in from work and a lovely letter through the door from IRS an investigation

and recovery company on behalf of Peugeot Finance.

I'm crying as I type this as I don't know what to do,

They're not chasing me, but my husband, he has missed 3 payments on his van and due to him burying his head I assume,

theyve handed it over to this lot and they've added their charges of £300 for a doorstep visit.

My husband is away to a work course this weekend and I won't speak to him till tomorrow.

I'm a scared what they will do and I just don't have £700 to give them if they come back.

I've never had to deal with debt collectors before and I'm upset beyond words.

Advice please as to what I can do to stop them repossessing the van.

Can they do that for £400 arrears?

Please please help me.

Grumpy x

has he paid more than 1/3 I think ,

if he has they cannot re posses without a court order dispite what the DCA will say .

Also don't answer the door as they don't have any powers what so ever

Hi there, thank you for your quick reply.

He has been paying the van over 3 years and this is the first missed payments.

Peugeot are terrible to deal with,

he wasn't working for over a year and I struggled to keep hold of the van by making the payment every month.

When he started working, he tried to rearrange a different payment date,

they wouldn't budge and charge him £12.00 default charges every month due to the payment being a few days late.

Grumpy x

Ok. first off. Stop worrying.

This silly DCA cannot charge anything to you, so ignore all their stupid and unlawful penalty charges.

if more than 1/3 has been paid, then they would need a court order to reposess.

For now, completely ignore the DCA, and contact the finance company in writing,

and offer up a repayment plan to clear the arrears.

There is absolutely no need to worry or cry over it.

They cant do anything, especially if you can repay the arrears.

The most they could do is reposess the vehicle, but theyd need to go through a whole procedure to do that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you Rene, I was hoping you'd see my post.

As I said, Peugeot Finance are terrible to deal with,

they wouldn't change the payment date for the van and are charging £12.00 every month in default charges.

We approached them when hubby was made redundant and they wouldn't help us.

Can you give me help with wording a letter.

As for IRS, they say that if we don't contact them, they will repossess the van.

Grumpy x

Almost all creditors are like that. Remind them of the guidelines on debt collection and the fact they should take your circumstances into account, and not simply ignore you. It might help if you wrote to a manager and not dealt with the call centre muppets who are told to read from a script.

IRS cannot do anything. Only peugeot can, and even then only with a court order. For now, keep the van in the garage, or on your drive. If they enter your property and remove it, theyd be in big trouble.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Strange question from a new poster....

I browse over quite a lot and deal with finance on a day to day basis so thought I could help :) I was going to suggest that if her / her husband were struggling to meet the repayments that if they had paid half of the agreement they have the option to hand the vehicle back with no further financial implications

feel free to send the "doorstep collector letter" removing their rights to visit you and warning that you will call the police for tresspass.

Available form the library under debt collection

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Imp. Give Carseller a chance :), I was looking over these forums a year before i joined... :lol:

Seriously... If you let a DCA get to you then you will cave into pressure. That shouldnt happen and you shouldn't be scared. They is certain legal protection to help you in these situations (IE I f paiud more than a 1/3 then a court order is required.)

DCAS are powerless and can only hound you not force you to do things. Only courts can do this through Judgements, Orders etc.

I wonder if IRS are inhouse for the finance company. If so then dont fall to their pressure.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Im not mocking him. I just found it strange thats all :)

Thank you so much for your advice. I will do a letter and send it special delivery tomorrow and I will take the van to my dads house and leave out there. I can try and scrape together the arrears but not by tomorrow. Do you think if I offered them 1 payment tomorrow it could help?

Grumpy x

make sure the vehicle stays on the drive or garaged. it is not uncommon for a recovery company to drive around the local area checking for the vehicle. However, as stated, they need to follow a set procedure if you have paid more than 1/3.

Thanks everyone.

The finance agreement was 60 months and minus the 3 unpaid, 36 payments made.

Don't want to hand the van back.

I had a nervous breakdown last year, so dealing with a dca has got me panicking and scared.

They have said that if I don't contact the dca they will force legal action and repossession.

So how come they can charge £300 costs and how come no official letters have been sent from Peugeoit Finance

apart from a missed payment letter sent 2nd class?

Grumpy x

The DCA is full of hot air. Even if they were to start legal action, you can tell the court you can meet repayments and offer towards arrears.

The DCA cannot charge you anything. They are lying to you and trying to profit off your misfortune. As i stated, deal directly with peugout and FORCE them to listen. if you are still unsure of the advice on this site, perhaps give national debtline a call, although there shouldnt be any need. More people will see your thread soon and you will gain very specific advice.

I will do a letter and send it special delivery tomorrow

Save yourself a fiver and send the letter first class recorded - It will get there just as quickly and get a signature for a mere £1.70.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

get an sar off to PF.

have you the original agreement please

like has been said all their PENALTY charge are unlawful and can be reclaimed at THEIR int rate.

there absolutely NO remit for any doorstepper fee

no matter what IRS say.

what does IRS stand for please on their letters

I cant find them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All,

Sorry, went to bed exhausted.

The company who visited and left the lovely letter are IRS,

which stands for Investigation and Recovery Scotland Limited, company no 192639.

As for letters,

I was just going to compose one of my own.

As mentioned previously, Peugeot Finance are not the easiest to deal with, when husband wasn't working,

they wouldn't help with reduced payments etc and I had to struggle to keep the payment going.

He needs the van, he's working now, but very low paid, he's an electrician and has no other transport.

When not working and getting no money as he had been self employed for a bit which didn't work out,

he entered a DMP with pay plan, as he had other debts.

If we gave up the van, there is no way we could get or afford another vehicle,

and I loathe that after paying so much to give it back or have them take it.

As for the original agreement we have it somewhere.

Grumpy x

If the finance company wont help, then get formal complaints going. Dont just sit back and say you cant do anything.