motorcycle insurance policy withdrawn.

maxnpaddy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a motorcycle policy on a 125cc with 1 years no claims.

In December 2012 I clipped a car on the back left hand side when the driver of the car slammed on whilst going round a roundabout.

No parties where injured and the only damage was to my motorcycles brake lever (snapped of)

We exchanged details and I contacted my insurer to advise of the incident.

They advised don't worry and it would have to go through as an at fault claim

and that they would be in contact

and also not to speak to the 3rd party if they called.

In March 2013 I purchased a 600cc motorcycle and called my insurer to amend my policy to my new bike - no problems.

2 week later I had a voicemail advising me to contact the insurer urgently.

I called them asap and was advised that my policy had been cancelled due to false details provided

as my no claims was null and void due to the accident.

The agent told me they had received a claim from the 3rd parties insurer 6 days prior

and because this hadn't been disclosed on the new bike they withdrew the insurance.

I disputed this as I had informed the insurance company when the accident had happened straight away

and when I insured my new bike it was with the same insurer (change of bike)

the only questions I was asked where the reg of the bike and if all my details where the same.

so surely they had all the necessary details of my riding history.

I am now paying an extortionate premium for my bike insurance with a different provider

because of this as i had to disclose that I had insurance withdrawn.

Do I have a case to make a complaint to the previous insurance company

because I don't feel I did anything wrong I disclosed the accident

when it happened and was honest throughout.

Many Thanks Max

Yes you have a valid complaint that the Insurers have wrongly cancelled the policy, as they should have had access to the information. Being that you notified them of the accident. In my opinion, if the facts in your post are correct, the Insurers should withdraw the cancellation or they would lose if you took it to the FOS.

You need to submit an urgent complaint to the Insurers and if necessary take this to the FOS.

Here is a link about non disclosure from the FOS.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/27/27-ins-nondisclosure.htm

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Many thanks for your reply. In hindsight I should have followed it up earlier but at the time just took it as was and just re insured my bike at over double the cost. I have only thought more of it now as my girlfriend is adding me as a named driver on her car insurance and because I have had insurance withdrawn it than doubles the price so she urged me to follow it up as she thought it was unfair what they did.

Again many thanks