o2 - Huge charge + time + cost + stress = £101.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I need little help. When reading this please assume everything is and was as outlined and highlighted.

For this post, email we will assume I am on £10 per hour and the call cost per minute was £0.10p

I took out a new “upgrade” from o2 on the 22/02/2014. By the 26/02/2014 it was terminated.

1. I spent close to 1 hour talking to 3 staff members and upgraded.
  2. I spent close to 3 hours trying to “keep” my existing number. In another words transferred my current number to new “contract” upgrade.
  3. I spent another 1 hour explain it is the wrong sim card and organised a new card to be sent.
  4. I spent 3 more hours trying to close both sim cards or “accounts”. Spoke to around 5 people.

All this was done online chat. With chat scripts totalling 6 hours, emailed for safe keeping.

Also in-between the 2 sim cards being sent out I also had to make a call to 0870 number trying to “see” if I can have an old discounted, terminated number back which was never going to happen. Total time spent about 1 hour.

By end of the 26/02/2014 everything was terminated. I also had to make a phone call for this to happen. This was another hour.

On 27/03/2014 o2 tried to charge me £73.97. I had no money in the account of the transaction failed and I got charged £25 by my bank.

This was not my monthly but termination or early termination bill or charge.

On 12/05/2014 my bank charged me £25 and I found out on 20/05/2014.

on 21/05/2014 I spent 3 hours talking to 5 different service people trying to find out why both charges occurred. How I could get the refund for £25. I quoted my current or existing number which is null and void in this predicament. I also gave them the account number.

Finally I was given a number to call.

On 23/05/2014 I called them. 4 different people. 3 different departments. 1 very rude and abrupt manager who slammed the phone on me.

Conclusion is they need me to send in proof of the charge along with the account number in order to give me a refund of £25.

according to my calculations and assuming I am on £10.00 per hour employed.

I have spent 7 hours in total with 02. £70.00. also the phone calls if national rate is £0.10 then its another £3.00.

now they need me to send in a letter which needs to be recorded delivery so I can have proof. Or scan in the statement which I don’t have a scanner or go to o2 shop.

Cost of travel to o2 shop is around £3 on bus or the recorded delivery.

So am I correct in saying my total cost for a cancelled, terminated contract or upgrade stands at £25.00 + £70.00 + £3.00 + £3.00 with the grand total of £101.00.

termination charge within 4 days? Cost me £25. time spent online chat I have 5 hours of solid chatting repeating same thing again and again with online help. Saved or emailed scripts.

And national call charges what ever they are for 3 hours and then some.

None of the above is my fault. I have not profited or gained. Only lost. Lost time, stress, pressure, anger, frustration and more travailing. So along with travel its time cost also.

Big question is. Will getting a lawyer, solicitor help me get closer to £101?

0844 809 0222

5p/min

Edited by philmycoke
Cost of call is £0.05 not £0.10

Complain to them... ronan.dunne@o2.com and complaintreviewservice@o2.com

If you need a telephone number (Freephone) then i can give you that too if you need it later

Go through the complaint team first. Then the Ombudsman if they dont play ball and finally go legal... Give them fair chance to resolve it.

Realistically though, I wouldnt think £101 is what youd get, I think you'd get more close to £50 - £60 (Including the charge)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you. I was lucky to save the chat scripts. 1 i did not save so from 7 hours of chat i am down to 5. All the chat scripts show me pasting the same "request" with AC + issue many times over. so in another words 5 hours of Ctrl + V.

I will use the ronan email.

Many thanks.

Ali

At the end of the chat on their site it allows you to email it over to yourself a full transcript

Remember for next time :)

Also use the complaints review service email... Having both works wonders (Maybe CC)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

As I said i saved or emailed 5 hours worth, only missing one. either way for something that does not exisit even cost of £1 is too much. £25 + all the other costs should be paid to me. Termination FEE why? First month bill being generated is accpetable. BUT when you cancel. Termination bill? They messed up and now i have to pay forthe buss pass. Sorry not on!

Hi NAME.

Thanks for contacting us.

I’m sorry about the issues you’ve faced with your account. I appreciate the frustration this has caused.

I can see you opened this account on 25 February 2014 and your mobile number was transferred onto it the next day. On this day you also decided that you wanted to disconnect the account and transfer your number back to Pay and Go.

I’ve read the online conversations you’ve had and the level of service you’ve received isn’t what we expect. We pride our self on our customer service ensuring the correct information is always given. Because of this, feedback’s been sent to improve our services for the future.

I’m happy to see that your number has now been transferred to Pay and Go, but this was done incorrectly which has generated a termination fee. A credit’s been applied to remove this, but I understand that we attempted to take this fee from your bank and you incurred a £25 bank.

I’ve applied a credit of £25 to your account, to cover the bank charge, leaving your account in credit by £43.51.

Please let me know if you’d like me to refund this to you.

Kind regards

David Marsh | O2 UK Limited

Complaint Review Service

T 0800 2986 881 (free from O2 pay monthly) Telefónica UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Like hell. 7 hours on chat + 4 hours on calls. if i am on £6 per hour that is 11 X 6. £66 without a product or a my own fault. Why do they assume my time is NEVER going to be compensated. if after 11 hours i had something in my hand then its all worth it. like 9 months of labout. however if the DR's botch up the dilvery then i think we need to count the 9 months and the pain and he stress in the compensation.

Sorry the anonolgy is bad.

my 11 hours are robbed and i have 9 hours of proof. BT bill + chat scripts and now hes admited there own mistake.

What about my time? and the stress? if you owe time £1 they get DCA involed and give you a defualt? yet when it works the other way? Sorry i think i got enough to win a case.

I have appiled for a new visa card. they agrred to give me £900 limit. This £900 is for solictors. if i fail £33 per month i will afford. if i win then the chirdens hospital will win as i will take my £25 and give the rest to them.

its the principle.

Ali