applying for dca claim strikeout

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello this is my first post so please forgive any mistakes.

i have recently defended a court action with mkdp for a old hsbc current account with overdraught

that has ended up at 4800 pounds .

the posision now is that mkdp didnt send a cca request

but sent a letter saying it could take 8 weeks.

the 33 days for them to respond to my court defence has passed.

i presume this will now be stayed.

sorry forgot to say my defence was that this account is statute barred.

7 years of no contact or payment by myself since cause of action.

should i now send a n244 to ask it be struck out

on the basis that this claiam is without merit.

mkdp had put a default on my credit file in 09 which was 2 years after cause of action.

but served nothing on me before the court claim.

i would appreciate some advice as to whether i should leave alone and see what moves they make

.i would prefer to kill it if poss but i am now stumped.

thanyou in anticipation.

chindit

I would suggest that hsbc put that default on

before they sold the debt on.

did you send an sar to get all the statements from HSBC?

might be an idea.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

CCA for a current account? thought they didnt apply for current accounts?.

Someone will come along shortly. I suspect you might need to follow the instructions that will be forthcoming form the site team about how to upload documents.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

hi and thanks for the reply

yes i think hsbc will have done.

i did send a sars hsbc replied wanting a signiture .

which i did not want to give

however with it being statute barred.

didnt think that was important.

thought i would concentrate on mkdp

.they havent sent anything to support their claim or responded to my defence.

they want up to 8 weeks to send documents i feel they should have these before putting me in court.

if they cant respond to my defence i dont believe they have anything to support their claim .

i really want to clear this up one way or another.

ie.put up or shut up.

thanks again.

As far as Im aware CCA request does not apply for current accounts and associated overdrafts.

Im sure someone will be able to confirm shortly.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

hi i need some advice if you would be so kind.i am about to fill in a n244 form from the county court re a claim by mkdp.which i have defended as statute barred. mkdp have not supplied cca n.o.a etc.or responded to my defence.i would like to apply to have the claim struck out. i would like to know the proper wording to ask the court to do this . hope you will help kind regards chindit.

If you have defended on the basis that it is SB - then you don't need to do any more. However, it would have been a good idea to raise the issue of the CCA as well in the same defence.

You might want to provide the details of their claim (without personal info)

Why do you believe the account to be statute barred

When was last payment made on the account.

two threads merged

keep to this thread please

can you fill this in so we know all the details

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-April-2014**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi and thanks for responding.it is well over the 6 years cant be exact around 7 but they havent responded to my defence and i would like to kill this if possible.regards.

You wont receive a copy of an agreement if this is a current account - you should however receive a copy of hte facility letter.

If you submitted a Statute barred defence, then it will be up to them now to prove that it isnt.

I doubt very much that you would be able to obtain a strike out so early in the game. If they have still not responded say within 3 months, then it could be worth considering.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thankyou for you reply

it has been 6 weeks now.

i read somewhere they had 12 plus 2 days to send requested proof

and 33 days to respond to my court defence.

then another month after that i could apply for strike out

.i just wanted to have everything ready to send to the court.

also on their claim form it states this debt was a bank account facility regulated by the c.c.a

i thought therefore a cca request would be valid.

your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

regards chindit.

I think andyorch would be able to explain the "current account" situation as regards to the Consumer Credit Act, far better than I can.. there is some protection, but there just isnt an agreement as such. However you should have received a letter explaining what the amount of the OD/ interest and other pertinent facts such as when they could call the borrowing in and stuff like that.

Once you have submitted a defence, the claimant has 28 days in which to decide if they wish to proceed, after which time the court stays it. Either party can request that the stay be lifted .. the claimant to confirm they wish to proceed or the defendant in order to request a strike out. I think there is a fee for this.

For the CCA request, the compliance time is indeed 12 working days + 2 . Whilst the s78 request is in default then the claimant should not be able to proceed.

IMHO, I think they should also not be permitted to issue a claim unless they have the information on which they base their claim. It must be an abuse of process to issue a claim when they do not have this information and then simply have it languishing whilst they try to either find or reconstruct one !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thanks for your reply i think you talk a lot of sense.i spoke to northampton court today mkdp have not responded.i will now send n244 form asking for it to be struck out i will keep you posted.kind regards chindit.

Overdrafts whilst partially covered by the CCA 1974 are exempt except for part v..there is no agreement (CCA) but a facility service agreement.

I have only ever seen one claimant comply in 30 years.

As for your strike out the fee is £155.00 you will have to include the payment with your application N244 and enclose a draft order stating why you want it struck out and which CPR PD,s you will be relying on and pursuant to.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread